..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: [Help] Star Ocean 3 (PAL) is too slow (10 fps)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
(09-27-2012, 12:31 AM)Mirage2000 Wrote: [ -> ]The vertical synchronisation is desactived on the nvidia panel. But I activated all others at the maximum (I tried with default setting and I'm on the maximum now, same results.).
There's no fps limiting programs. The game is sometimes at 50 fps but that depend where I am in the game.

download realtemp and check what tempratures your getting, its the only option i have left in my book xD
(09-26-2012, 11:49 PM)warWeeny Wrote: [ -> ]also try in the hardware hacks section skipdraw 1 << this should fix double lines etc and can have a potentially speed up in some games (maybe this is one of em)

Don't know what and where it is Tongue2
(09-27-2012, 12:40 AM)Mirage2000 Wrote: [ -> ]Don't know what and where it is Tongue2

in the graphics section where you can adjust internal resolution etc
but at this point i doubt it will speed up the game so much, i want to know what tempratures your getting when running this game, it could be the processor downclocking itself because oh hight temps like rama mentioned earlier
So, with the setting that you can see on my screenshots, I have 30 fps (so hard to see, I played 10 minutes like that for the test with realtemp Tongue2) and I have this :

[Image: mini_199230SO10.jpg]
(09-27-2012, 12:51 AM)Mirage2000 Wrote: [ -> ]So, with the setting that you can see on my screenshots, I have 30 fps (so hard to see, I played 10 minutes like that for the test with realtemp Tongue2) and I have this :

[Image: mini_199230SO10.jpg]

wow im... actually at a loss here O.o
*feels discouraged*

even when i am downclocking my i5 to 2.8 ghz i still get fullspeed on this game Wacko so there MUST be something else going on.... anything that eats your ram away? (check with ctrl+alt+delete and open task manager, then go to perfomance) but because you have way to much ram to begin with i highly doubt this could be the case

did everything i could and know and well....damn, completely flabbergasted here xD last thing you could check in the gs window to make sure you didnt have vsync enabled there.

i say its a mystery!
*where is scooby doo when you need him?*

bositman your watching this topic since i came here, whats your opinion about this?
sneakingly just watching while i suffer xD
(09-27-2012, 01:01 AM)warWeeny Wrote: [ -> ]wow im... actually at a loss here O.o
*feels discouraged*

even when i am downclocking my i5 to 2.8 ghz i still get fullspeed on this game Wacko so there MUST be something else going on.... anything that eats your ram away? (check with ctrl+alt+delete and open task manager, then go to perfomance) but because you have way to much ram to begin with i highly doubt this could be the case

did everything i could and know and well....damn, completely flabbergasted here xD last thing you could check in the gs window to make sure you didnt have vsync enabled there.

i say its a mystery!
*where is scooby doo when you need him?*

bositman your watching this topic since i came here, whats your opinion about this?
sneakingly just watching while i suffer xD

Hahahahaha, yeah, I'm totally depressed Sad
Very thank you for your help and for your time for this strange problem Blush
If I knew what was wrong I would have said it Tongue Try disabling the tri-ace game fix ( it is only needed to be on to boot the game, not after)
And everything is ok. I up to 12 Go of RAM and with all of automatic programs, only 2,4 Go maximum are used.

(09-27-2012, 01:11 AM)Bositman Wrote: [ -> ]If I knew what was wrong I would have said it Tongue Try disabling the tri-ace game fix ( it is only needed to be on to boot the game, not after)

Done. Nothing changed.

Bouuuuuuuuuuhouhohuohuhouhohuohuoh *crying so much* Excl
(09-27-2012, 01:11 AM)Mirage2000 Wrote: [ -> ]Hahahahaha, yeah, I'm totally depressed Sad
Very thank you for your help and for your time for this strange problem Blush

sorry i couldnt help you, most of the time its quite obvious but this is just the strangest case ive seen yet....

maybe write a book about this, The Curious Case Of benja..*ahum* PCSX2 Problems...

only one thing i can think of and its not a top solution.

have you tried other revisions of pcsx2, mainly the older ones? (9.8 for example)
Tried 1hour ago. Nothing changed (again)...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7