..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: can not save plugin selection
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Host Machine Init:
Operating System = Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition (build 7600), 64-bit
Physical RAM = 4061 MB
CPU name = Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU Q8300 @ 2.50GHz
Vendor/Model = GenuineIntel (stepping 0A)
CPU speed = 2.499 ghz (4 logical threads)
x86PType = Standard OEM
x86Flags = bfebfbff 0c08e3bd
x86EFlags = 20100000

x86 Features Detected:
MMX.. SSE.. SSE2.. SSE3.. SSSE3.. SSE4.1

problem is i have selected the plugins and hit apply. (config>plugin/bios selector) i get the following log in console when i hit apply/ok:

Loading plugins...
Binding GS: C:\Users\Rich\Desktop\plugins\GSdx-sse2.dll
Binding PAD: C:\Users\Rich\Desktop\plugins\lilypad-r4600.dll
Binding SPU2: C:\Users\Rich\Desktop\plugins\spu2-x-r4600.dll
Binding CDVD: C:\Users\Rich\Desktop\plugins\cdvdGigaherz.dll
Binding USB: C:\Users\Rich\Desktop\plugins\USBnull.dll
Binding FW: C:\Users\Rich\Desktop\plugins\FireWireNull.dll
Binding DEV9: C:\Users\Rich\Desktop\plugins\DEV9null.dll
Plugins loaded successfully.

Initializing plugins...
Init GS
Init PAD
Init SPU2
Init CDVD
Init USB

i assumed that it took a while to load and left it to cook dinner, came back and nothing had happened, it was still applying settings. Have since repeated with every possible plugin i could find and download to no avail.

/rant
Did you try running as admin.
When you click on the Apply button,if you really made some change will will make pcsx2 use another plugin,pcsx2 will write the new settings to the ini file and load the new plugins.

Do you see some .tmp files in your inis folder when you try to apply the settings
Does it happens only with Apply or it's the same with Ok too(the only difference between Apply and Ok on almost any program is that the window won't get closed when you click the Apply button)
it happens on both apply/ok, neither closes the window. i am running as admin.

what are tmp files, my inis folder contains files whose details are 'configuration settings'

the FWnull and dev9null are missing from the list thou.

hmm, in the inis folder i have only gsnull for gsdx and if i try and use that as plugin i get popup msg can't create logs file /gsnull.log
Running as admin means using the right click to do it.
2 solutions :
Install it in c:\pcsx2 (or other hdd, but make your own dir)
Create a portable.ini file in pcsx2 folder and try again
ive sorted it, thx for trying to help anyway, and for the speedy responses.
For the timing being, there is an advice valid still for Windows Vista and newer: Avoid installing any game at the Windows protected folders. These includes but are not restricted to the Documents folder (actually any folder under the \Users), the Desktop (you should not have anything other than shortcuts there) and MAINLY the "default" C:\Program Files and it's akin (x86).

The best is creating a user defined folder, let's say C:\Games (or even another partition like D:. E: and so on) and install all games there, including native PC games.

This advice is yet more important if the game or application uses plugins and or mods.

Just by doing so you avoid the need for playing the game as administrator (what by itself defeats the very purpose of security for the above mentioned folders) but and the most important, avoid so many kind of problems that is hard to enumerate them all.

Edit: this advice is valid only for installation, I mean for the program "executing" from those folders. Is alright having the configuration and save files inside the Documents folder.

Even if you have Steam or similar, consider exchanging it's root install directory to outside that doomed C:\Prrogram Files...
(09-29-2012, 11:45 AM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: [ -> ]For the timing being, there is an advice valid still for Windows Vista and newer: Avoid installing any game at the Windows protected folders. These includes but are not restricted to the Documents folder (actually any folder under the \Users), the Desktop (you should not have anything other than shortcuts there) and MAINLY the "default" C:\Program Files and it's akin (x86).

The best is creating a user defined folder, let's say C:\Games (or even another partition like D:. E: and so on) and install all games there, including native PC games.

This advice is yet more important if the game or application uses plugins and or mods.

Just by doing so you avoid the need for playing the game as administrator (what by itself defeats the very purpose of security for the above mentioned folders) but and the most important, avoid so many kind of problems that is hard to enumerate them all.

Edit: this advice is valid only for installation, I mean for the program "executing" from those folders. Is alright having the configuration and save files inside the Documents folder.

Even if you have Steam or similar, consider exchanging it's root install directory to outside that doomed C:\Prrogram Files...

ya hit the nail on the head, i moved application to desktop instead of creating shortcut