..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Speed Up in poor PC's
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
been using this method for a year, but others don't believe me and telling that i'm a sucker. TEST first, if you have a poor pc like mine:

Processor: Intel® Pentium® D CPU 2.80GHz 2.79GHz
RAM: 2.00GB
Graphic Card: Intel® 82945G Express Chipset Family

Use my Core Settings (Attachment below)

Before saying things about me being a sucker, TEST first

at least i share what i know.

HappyHappyHappy
Skip 100 Frames. Are you OK? it will break the game and you might miss an important scene of the game.
(09-29-2012, 02:16 PM)recoder Wrote: [ -> ]Skip 100 Frames. Are you OK? it will break the game and you might miss an important scene of the game.

might miss lol, its not even playable. you see a screenshot every now and then with these settings
i can play God of War 1 and 2 with a decent speed, no bugs and glitches with that settings.

about 100 skip?

i don't know if it is skipping because its not laggy at all.
the only problem was there's a button delay. about milisecond delay.

well they can set it to default.

believe me or not it WORKS.!!
how about not? also, it's a delay because you're skipping so many frames
you can say that because all of you have powerful machines.

then set it to default .
PC Stock settings:
Windows 7 Ultimate x86
2.2 Dual Core Intel Pentium E2200
4GB DDR2 Ram (800mhz)
500gb Hard Drive, 320 external
Nvidia GT 430 1GB

clearly you don't read profiles either..
Well how about me then...I don't have powerful pc and just for the text,I set it to draw 1 frame and skip the next 100.
Started Ar Tonelico 2 in battle and enter the menus(where I can get above 200fps because nothing is moving there).So I press down to go to the menu below,I heard the sound effect(because I'm using Async mode from SPU2-X)but the menu position was changed after 5 seconds.

Also if I follow your suggestion about the NTSC speed...then that delay will be a lot more(I had to wait around 10 seconds or more to see the game after I load the save state)

And it looks like you are using some old pcsx2 version

Skipping more than 4 start to become unplayable let alone 100
I doubt that the result you get is real 100 frames to skip, I think there is a maximum amount of frames you can skip after that you just get the limmit. I think anything more than 2 - 3 frames to skip starts to get unplayable. You effectively get 1 frame every 1,4 seconds for NTSC and 1 frame every 2 seconds for PAL which is a no go for every single game in this planet. Let alone that frame skipping is super buggy, the whole idea of 100 frames to skip is a pure 24-carat faceplam. XD
can you suggest, a good screen recorder.

so i can record my gameplay, to show to all of you that it works.
camstudio can't play my recordings.

i know that it sounds impossible, but can i show it first then your comments afterwards.

sorry for being a bother.
BTW i'm using PCSX2 0.9.7 wherein the maximum framerate can be edited.

MellowMellowMellowMellow
Pages: 1 2 3 4