..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Software mode anti aliasing?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello guys, I've got a couple of questions

1) The edge anti aliasing option in software mode does not seem to make any difference at all.

2) The Multi-Threaded microVU1 3+ core speed hack does not seem to have an impact on MGS3 or Black.

3) The mouse cursor becomes invisible after i launch the game making it difficult to use the pcsx2 emulator menu.

Many thanks.
May be a hardware only thing.
1. Yeah
2. The 2 games must be GS limited, that is the GS thread CPU usage is higher than the EE thread.
3. Uncheck "Always hide mouse cursor"
1) If I remember correctly, the checkbox is akin to the texture filter option but only for OFF/AUTO. Having it enabled should allow the usage of the AA1 GS feature in games that use it. If the game doesn't use it, there would be no difference at all.
Quote:2. The 2 games must be GS limited, that is the GS thread CPU usage is higher than the EE thread.

Uh not at all. MTVU threads the VU1 unit, which is a co-processor to the EE, nothing to do with GS. So it gives speed boosts only when a game uses the VU1 unit a lot. Although AFAIK MGS3 is one of those games...maybe OP doesn't have a 3/4 core CPU
Alright thanks a lot guys, but i still can't get the mouse cursor to be visible (I've already unchecked the "Always hide mouse cursor')