..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Does anyone use the software renderer exclusively?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Depend on the game and pc specs...
Software mode looks worse then native res on hardware mode. No matter how many graphic enhance tweaks you can put on software mode. It just looks like crap. It makes PS2 games look like bad PS1 games. I will never use software mode unless I absolutely have to.
the ps2 games my mom plays on her 32''full hd tv looks better then native on th eemu, wonder why...?

(games are star ocean till the end of time, final fantasy, ratched and clank, jak and daxter etc)
2 things. blurring and crummy cables Tongue
(10-24-2012, 04:11 PM)refraction Wrote: [ -> ]2 things. blurring and crummy cables Tongue

how does blurring have anything to do with it, its razorsharp on her tv Tongue2

with a standard scart cable too D:

rogue galaxy on the other hand looks terrible lol even worse then native on pcsx2 xD
PCSX2 only attempts to generate the resolution the PS2 is told to use, any differences are from quirks in the GS hardware, possibly done on purpose to clean the output up a bit.
Maybe once apple's product line is so saturated with high-dpi displays we can also have some of those as our monitors and mimic how the CRT works Smile There are other emulators trying to do this already, just there is not enough resolution at 1080p to replace pixels with shiny overlapping dots. On my cheap korean high-res LCD (2560x1440) a native ps2 pixel can be mapped to roughly a 5x3 area, or a bit bigger if we want the bleeding effect, that's still not too much to work with, considering there are three subpixels to "emulate" (RGB), about 2x3 for one subpixel. Next-gen standard in a few years will bring 3840x2160, that may add one more pixel to that. An older hardware would be more interesting to emulate first, snes, genesis, psx, or handhelds (even if they used lcds) all had 320x240 at most, so they could be blown up to high res with more detail. A DS has a pitiful 256x192, and look how poorly desmume displays it, there are so many possibilites in that.
Now there's a rarity, gabest crawling out of the woodwork ;p
(10-25-2012, 10:58 AM)refraction Wrote: [ -> ]Now there's a rarity, gabest crawling out of the woodwork ;p

who? xD
(10-25-2012, 12:10 PM)WarWeeny Wrote: [ -> ]who? xD

Gabest.. The creator of GSDX (and Media Player Classic if you do your research Tongue)
Pages: 1 2 3 4