..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: How to get Pcsx2 to run smoothly on my pc?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Ok i had tried pcsx2 a while back on my pc and on the one game i tried(kingdom hearts 2)was fine in the menu,but when i try to start a new game the fps then dropped to like 5fps.

My pc is specs:
Core 2 Quad Q9450
4GB of DDR2 1066Mhz
EVGA GTX 460 SE 1GB
old 320GB IDE hard drive

I don't remember what verison i was using or what plugins and settings i was using.

What would be the best verison,plugins and settings to use for my pc?
How old is this PC...Smile
It seems a little weak for PCSX2 to me, but you can always try speedhacks.
(10-19-2012, 06:19 PM)ps2freak Wrote: [ -> ]How old is this PC...Smile
It seems a little weak for PCSX2 to me, but you can always try speedhacks.

Well i had bought it used on craigslist around a year and a half ago(and is most likly at least twice that old),it's not my main pc,in fact i am turning it into a HTPC(that will also run emulators).
Try those speedhacks. You can also try overclocking your CPU/GPU... PCSX2 MUST provail !! Wink
(10-19-2012, 06:35 PM)ps2freak Wrote: [ -> ]Try those speedhacks. You can also try overclocking your CPU/GPU... PCSX2 MUST provail !! Wink

I am still trying to get the pc ready(last time i tried pcsx2 was when this was my main pc),like testing to make sure it is stable,and won't crash if it is left on for a while,but i while try those things when i can.

What is the best verrison to use? And what are the best plugins to use with it?
AFAIK the lates revision is the best, if not, then the latest stable version (PCSX2 1.0.0).
You can see the best settings/plugins in the configuration guide.
why don't u try upgrading your computer? the more powerful it is the smoother pcsx2 will run
(10-19-2012, 09:05 PM)solidus Wrote: [ -> ]why don't u try upgrading your computer? the more powerful it is the smoother pcsx2 will run

Well i have a good main rig that i bought back in January which i do my pc gaming on and i can run pcsx2 just fine,but this pc is my old rig and i was demoting it to being a HTPC,which is going to be hooked to my tv in the living room,and i was hoping to get that running smoothly so i can have my PS2 is my bedroom,plus right now with stuff that is going on i can't afford to upgrade the pc i will be using for this,plus any upgrade on it is not really worth the money.
Hey all, just here to get a question answered, since you guys all seem to have some knowledge on the matter:

I have a Lenovo Y570 which should be more than capable of running PCSX2 and Kingdom hearts 2 Final mix, but it goes slow-mo all the time, even when running my Nvidia 550M GPU. Anyone can help?
(10-20-2012, 06:35 AM)GiganoRinnegan Wrote: [ -> ]Hey all, just here to get a question answered, since you guys all seem to have some knowledge on the matter:

I have a Lenovo Y570 which should be more than capable of running PCSX2 and Kingdom hearts 2 Final mix, but it goes slow-mo all the time, even when running my Nvidia 550M GPU. Anyone can help?

Make a new thread, don't hijack other's.
Pages: 1 2 3