..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Frame rate issue. (Unknown bottlenecking)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So i've been lurking on these forums for a while and i've not found a need to ask for help before but i'm having an odd issue currently which i've not been able to solve on my own and I didn't know where to try and trouble shoot this problem.

So to give a run down of my problem i'm having problems playing rogue galaxy and hitting about 40fps for the frame rate. The problem is I can't see what is bottlenecking.

My cpu is only working at 12% utilization according to task manager. The EE core reads as 33% on PSCX2. GS is running at 9% and the UI is listed as 0 or 1%

Speed hack settings obviously aren't making much of a difference because there doesn't seem to be a computing bottleneck. I can't for the life of me work out whats going wrong.

If it matters for the specs I'm using

Ivy bridge 3570k running 4.2Ghz
Radeon 7750
Is your Windows running in "High performance" power plan ?
(10-19-2012, 09:18 PM)ps2freak Wrote: [ -> ]Is your Windows running in "High performance" power plan ?

Yes, and using real temp program shows total cpu load shifting between 19 and 22% so it doesn't appear to be fully loading a single core at the moment.
what is your CPU? (i3/i5/i7 and number please)
(10-19-2012, 09:09 PM)Sifright Wrote: [ -> ]Intel Ivy bridge i5 3570k overclocked to 4.2Ghz
Radeon 7750

^^^

I could knock the processor up another 2-3 hundred MHz but I can't imagine that would change anything when it's not fully loading whats already available.
Although my specs are different, I just played Rogue Galaxy NTSC and the framerate is 60 and my CPU is
at 40-55% load.

Have you checked your framelimiter settings?
(10-19-2012, 09:29 PM)Sifright Wrote: [ -> ]^^^

I could knock the processor up another 2-3 hundred MHz but I can't imagine that would change anything when it's not fully loading whats already available.

insert the missing informarion:

Intel i_-___ Ivy bridge _.__ @ 4.2
ATI Radeon 7750 _MB/GB
(10-19-2012, 09:33 PM)Saiki Wrote: [ -> ]insert the missing informarion:

Intel i5-3570K Ivy bridge 3.40 @ 4.2
ATI Radeon 7750 1024 MB
downclock the i5 to stock, see if the issue remains
Just a quick question: Is the @ put before the stock cpu frequency or before the overclocked frequency ?
Pages: 1 2