..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: [BUG]Soul calibur 3 PAL tutorial mode stuck
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I didnt see this bug reported in the forum, so I proceed to report.

In Soul Calibur 3 PAL with PCSX2 1.0.0 (and gsdx avx) I tried all possible emulation configuration but the game locked in somes of the tutorials (practice->tutorial). Example: when Edge master is showing you how work "double over" or "advantage".

When the tutorial ends you are stucked in the screen, no textbox appear. Anyway you can go out pressing select+start.
Not a valid bug report.
Moved to general discussion
(10-22-2012, 04:57 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]Not a valid bug report.
Moved to general discussion

??? Why isnt valid? Its clearly a emulation bug... the bug doesnt exist in a real PS2.
I said that I tried with ALL possible configurations in the emu... ALL.
Simple, because PCSX2 still not perfect, yet.
(10-22-2012, 05:34 PM)Tontunator Wrote: [ -> ]??? Why isnt valid? Its clearly a emulation bug... the bug doesnt exist in a real PS2.
I said that I tried with ALL possible configurations in the emu... ALL.

Because you didn't read the red lettered READ THIS FIRST thread.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Sticky-Ho...RE-posting
(10-22-2012, 06:46 PM)Bositman Wrote: [ -> ]Because you didn't read the red lettered READ THIS FIRST thread.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Sticky-Ho...RE-posting

No, I read it before to post but I dont want to list all possible combinations of the emu cause I said I did all.

Do you want I write 30 pages or mores listing all possible configurations of the emulator with the same result???
That would be stupid.
Just use software mode, no speedhacks and it'll be fine.
Then edit your original post to match the template found in the "read first" thead.
Oh, and add the emulog.txt you get after a crash...might be handy too...
(10-22-2012, 04:47 PM)Tontunator Wrote: [ -> ]I didnt see this bug reported in the forum, so I proceed to report.

In Soul Calibur 3 PAL with PCSX2 1.0.0 (and gsdx avx) I tried all possible emulation configuration but the game locked in somes of the tutorials (practice->tutorial). Example: when Edge master is showing you how work "double over" or "advantage".

When the tutorial ends you are stucked in the screen, no textbox appear. Anyway you can go out pressing select+start.

I just tested this on SVN 5411 with a PAL Soul Calibur 3 and it worked fine. You probably have a bad ISO/disc or something.
Bad savegame, may be caused by cheats but not importantly by that, PCSX2 fails to give the flag that it saved in the memory card and stays like this forever untill it is able to save, which doesn't happen and it stucks there forever. Had this a couple of times on both PCSX2 and PS2, it's a bug of the game. Fix? Before starting the tutorial, change something in the settings menu and save your game. Make sure also you don't use something that would affect the savegame mechanism like cheats or heavy usage of speedhacks.