..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: castlevania curse of darkness (pal pcsx2 1.00) problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
hello everyone!!Biggrin

just a quick question guys...

im playing castlevania curse of darkness pal on the pcsx2 1.00 (the last one) and it works great (full speed)

but oftens (when few/lots of monsters appear in the screen) the game slows down... (Angry)

is it normal...? i tried many options and varios older pcsx2...any advice...?

thanks you all!!

my specs are:

AMD phenom 2 X2 (a quad core 3.00 Ghz)
HD readon 5750
win7 ultimate 64 bit
4 GB RAM
I have a PC other than this, that is much like yours and it runs PCSX2 very good.
Tried speedhacks ?
thanks for the quick reply!

well, i tried to change and increase speedhacks but it didnt solve the problem...

the specs should be good enough to run it at 100%...right..? also, the previous title (castlevania lament of innocences) works at full speed always and everywhere...hmm...

can i ask you how you usually set the speedhacks...?

(PS nice avatar! Smile )
It's very normal for some games to lag. It happens even on the best PC's.
How does other games run in your PCSX2 ?
its quite odd..i tried many options in speedhacks section, even the MTVU (i checked it)...the game sometime becomes incredibily slow, while fps encrease to 60!

i also tried to set my win 7 performance to "high"...nothing to do...

the game is 100% expect when monsters appear in groups...
If the game is running at 60fps but it seems choppy, then that usually means it's a legit slowdown that also happens on a real PS2, provided you don't use frameskipping or the EE/VU cycle hacks.
I just played the game on 1.1.0 r5438 without speedhacks except MTVU and it's flawless at 3x native.
unfortunately i think its not a legit slowdown...i tried to disable every speedhack and the game emui shows 60 fps only when the character is alone...and when monsters comes, fps decrease down to 45 or 50...

i even tried to play with native mode (graphic)...

what cai i do guys...????

EDIT

ok, ill try 1.1.0 r5438 version... (where can i get it...?)

is it possible that MTVU slows the game even more in my oc...? its strange because i ve a quad core...hm...
Are you using DX11 ?
ok, ill try 1.1.0 r5438 version... (where can i get it...?)

is it possible that MTVU slows the game even more in my oc...? its strange because i ve a quad core...hm...

yes..should i tri 3d9...? the title in video setting is "GSDX 10"

ahhgrgrgrr nothin to do...even 3D9 dont fix the fps slowdown...

yes..should i tri 3d9...? the title in video setting is "GSDX 10" and the "renderer" is on " direct 3D11 hardware"
Pages: 1 2 3