..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Phenom 2 and sse3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Why is gsdx telling me it can't detect sse3? i'm pretty sure that the phenom 2's have sse3 instructions and pcsx2 is also telling me that it can detect it... i'm running PCSX 9.4 and gsdx 1.14
SSSE3, not SSE3. I don't think Phenoms have SSSE3, so pick a different plugin.
Seriously, do we need a topic stating that SSSE3 is NOT SSE3...?
Yeah, agreed. Some people always miss eyes or wrong interpretation about that. Glad if anyone will make special thread like some different thing between SSE3 and SSSE3 to Be noticed.
(01-29-2009, 10:31 AM)Register Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, agreed. Some people always miss eyes or wrong interpretation about that. Glad if anyone will make special thread like some different thing between SSE3 and SSSE3 to Be noticed.

Can't really fill a whole thread with it. They are different sets of special instructions for the processor.

The naming convention (SSSE3 = Supplemental Streaming SIMD Extensions 3) makes sense from a programmer's perspective, and was never meant to be used/known by the general consumer. If you want the nitty-gritty details about what they are and have a very good grasp of x86 ASM, check out Wikipedia.
We don't really need to go into details. SSE3 contains a pair of S's. SSSE3 contains 3 S's. That isn't so hard to understand, is it? Tongue2.