..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: ATI vs Nvidia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok, this is a simply question.

*If* you have a good pc, 3.2-3.4 GHZ (and higher, with better overclock), what video card is the best with PCSX2?

I believe that ATI and Nvidia are the best company of video card, right?
I saw lots of arguments about ATI vs Nvidia, and an ATI 4850-4870(not X2) is at the same level (sometimes higher, sometimes not, depends) of a Nvidia 260-280.
But an ATI HD 4870 costs 200 eur, A X2 HD 4870 costs around 400 eur, a Nvidia 260 around 300 eur (or down), and a 280 around 500 eur.

My question, is:
For PCSX2, what is better?
If ATI can easily give the same results of Nvidia, and it is cheaper, so...

P.S. If there is a similiar post, sorry, I didn't find it.
i'm not pretty sure on this both brands are pretty neck to neck competition.
and i'm not sure this ATI is pretty better but consumes a lot of power than nvidia isn't it????
the current poll in ngemu remains flat and almost voting tied.
http://forums.ngemu.com/hardware-discuss...008-a.html
I heard some ATI cards offload work to the CPU and are pretty slow with PCSX2 unless you have a quadcore.
Both ATI & Nvidia work good,
but in the particular case of ps2 emulation,
you get better performance using Gsdx plugin & an Nvidia Card.
(01-29-2009, 02:02 PM)Nneeve Wrote: [ -> ]I heard some ATI cards offload work to the CPU and are pretty slow with PCSX2 unless you have a quadcore.
I have an Intel Core 2 Quad.

(01-29-2009, 02:07 PM)bigmehdi Wrote: [ -> ]Both ATI & Nvidia work good,
but in the particular case of ps2 emulation,
you get better performance using Gsdx plugin & an Nvidia Card.
Mh...Ok, so, nvidia is another time the best, lol

so, the GTX 260 is the best way for PCSX2, isn't it? (With Cost/Quality)
(01-29-2009, 02:44 PM)Jacopo Wrote: [ -> ]so, the GTX 260 is the best way for PCSX2, isn't it? (With Cost/Quality)

If you already own a quadcore it doesn't matter what you buy.
I'm giving a green light for ATi with Core2Duo. It works fine and very smooth, for me.

BUT, in this compare (GTX260 vs 4850) nV is a winner. HD4850 is a GPU which we can compare with old 9800GTX+, NOT with GTX260. Wink
In my country the 4850 is costs way less than a GTX 260. Even the 4870 with 1GB costs 40€ less than the GTX 260.
nVidia.ATi has problems with drivers.
(01-29-2009, 06:27 PM)Nokiaman Wrote: [ -> ]nVidia.ATi has problems with drivers.

STFU. One rule - If I don't know nothing about, I'm not writing about it.

Actually ATi drivers are very stable.
Pages: 1 2