..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: FFVII Dirge of Cerberus Game Controls
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello. I just installed PCSX2 for the first time and tried to play a Dirge of Cerberus .iso, and it looks great and there's no lag or anything, but there's one problem--I can't move.

I'm using a generic USB Playstation2 look-alike game controller, but I also have a USB mouse and keyboard. Under the configuration menu in the game, the only way to control directional movement is with a keyboard. I don't want to play using the keyboard, but that doesn't even matter--I can't use it anyway, because no matter how many times and ways I fiddle with Lily's settings, the game keeps giving me the message that no keyboard is detected.

Now, the control config options for a keyboard and mouse don't come up in the game when I play on my PS2 console, so something must be telling it that I have a keyboard (and mouse) in the first place. (But then it tells me it doesn't detect a keyboard? Make up your mind, DoC.) Is there a way I can just make it think I don't have a keyboard?

(I tried unplugging the keyboard and mouse, but no dice. Obviously it's impossible for me to do that until after the game has been launched, so that might be the snag there...)

So...I guess this is my question: is there a trick/plug-in/hack/config option/something/anything that could make this game think that I am playing from a console with no keyboard and not from a PC, so that I can just use the controller like I would if I were sitting in front of my currently-broken TV?
did u correctly map all your keys when u were configuring lilypad? if not then of course u can't move. u have to map arrow keys, left analog joystick, right analog joystick and all the other buttons

try different plugins for the controller

try different versions of pcsx2
Afaik, this game needs the d-pad configured to browse the main menu.
Make sure you configured it correctly in lilypad
(10-30-2012, 02:16 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]Afaik, this game needs the d-pad configured to browse the main menu.

(10-30-2012, 12:39 PM)solidus Wrote: [ -> ]did u correctly map all your keys when u were configuring lilypad? if not then of course u can't move. u have to map arrow keys, left analog joystick, right analog joystick and all the other buttons

try different plugins for the controller

try different versions of pcsx2

Yes, I did configure all the buttons/controls. I also exhaustively tried every possible configuration of three different versions of Lilypad. By your suggestion, solidus, I repeated this similarly on PCSX2 0.9.8 r4600 and the latest svn release. I also tried every other PAD plug-in I could find (there were a lot bundled with the svn release). On previous versions of Lilypad there was an option to disable the keyboard API altogether--I thought that would do it, but still no luck.

Most of the PAD plug-ins didn't have configuration options at all, but I still tried all of them. Nothing changed whatsoever except that a few times the controls stopped working altogether, or worked in strange ways (like once R3 was the only thing that worked).

My USB controller is just a real simple thing and doesn't have software.

Any other ideas? I'm really stumped. Thanks for your help so far.
then i guess the problem is pcsx2 can't detect the usb controller

can u play the game with the keyboard? is it working or it is telling u no keyboard?
(10-31-2012, 09:47 AM)chiron11 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, I did configure all the buttons/controls. I also exhaustively tried every possible configuration of three different versions of Lilypad. By your suggestion, solidus, I repeated this similarly on PCSX2 0.9.8 r4600 and the latest svn release. I also tried every other PAD plug-in I could find (there were a lot bundled with the svn release). On previous versions of Lilypad there was an option to disable the keyboard API altogether--I thought that would do it, but still no luck.

Most of the PAD plug-ins didn't have configuration options at all, but I still tried all of them. Nothing changed whatsoever except that a few times the controls stopped working altogether, or worked in strange ways (like once R3 was the only thing that worked).

My USB controller is just a real simple thing and doesn't have software.

Any other ideas? I'm really stumped. Thanks for your help so far.
Justa wild guess : did you try different input methods in lilypad ? (windows messaging/raw input)
(10-30-2012, 02:16 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]Afaik, this game needs the d-pad configured to browse the main menu.

(11-01-2012, 09:11 AM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]Justa wild guess : did you try different input methods in lilypad ? (windows messaging/raw input)

Yes. I tried every imaginable setting. I'm starting to think I'm just out of luck.
(11-01-2012, 08:26 AM)solidus Wrote: [ -> ]then i guess the problem is pcsx2 can't detect the usb controller

can u play the game with the keyboard? is it working or it is telling u no keyboard?

Oh, sorry I didn't respond to you. I didn't see your post.

No, unfortunately, I can't play with the keyboard. The game config menu keeps saying, "No keyboard detected."

Do you think I need a new controller? I use it with no problems for other games on this PC. Lilypad recognizes it, and it works fine for all other game functions (firing, reloading, jumping, etc.), if only I could assign directional controls to it...
Okay. I got a new game controller; this one has drivers, which I installed. Nothing has changed. I have tried running from the actual disc rather than the .iso, no change. I'm about to give up. Does anyone have any more suggestions before I just go buy either a new TV or a VGA box?