..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Noob needs help.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.
Intel Core 2 Quad q6600 2.4gHz
8 GB DDR2 Memory
(*****) nVidia GTS 450 GPU

Everytime I try to configure, I get "The selected GS plugin failed to load."

Right before that it asks me to do the web updater. I do, and the web updater errors out everytime asking me to check my directx log files. All the directX log files say is that it failed to install properly.

I've been beating my head over this since last night and I'm positive at this point that it's something completely retarded that i'm missing, but I'm at wits end.

I have updated to the latest version of DX11. GPU drivers are up to date.

Please, God, help me.

--------------------
[10/29/12 18:46:15] module: DXWSetup(Mar 30 2011), file: dxwsetup.cpp, line: 229, function: CDXWSetup::InitInstallEngine

Sections are not initialized.

--------------------
[10/29/12 18:46:15] module: DXWSetup(Mar 30 2011), file: psheets.cpp, line: 312, function: ProgressDlgProc

CDXWSetup::InitInstallEngine() failed.

--------------------
[10/29/12 18:56:59] module: DXWSetup(Mar 30 2011), file: dxwsetup.cpp, line: 229, function: CDXWSetup::InitInstallEngine

--------------------
[10/29/12 18:56:59] module: DXWSetup(Mar 30 2011), file: psheets.cpp, line: 705, function: PreinstDlgProc

--------------------
[10/29/12 19:03:37] module: DXWSetup(Mar 30 2011), file: dxwsetup.cpp, line: 229, function: CDXWSetup::InitInstallEngine

--------------------
[10/29/12 19:03:37] module: DXWSetup(Mar 30 2011), file: psheets.cpp, line: 705, function: PreinstDlgProc

--------------------
[10/29/12 19:24:10] module: DXWSetup(Mar 30 2011), file: dxwsetup.cpp, line: 229, function: CDXWSetup::InitInstallEngine

--------------------
[10/29/12 19:24:10] module: DXWSetup(Mar 30 2011), file: psheets.cpp, line: 705, function: PreinstDlgProc

--------------------
here is the DirectX log file.

[10/30/12 14:20:46] module: DXWSetup(Mar 30 2011), file: dxwsetup.cpp, line: 229, function: CDXWSetup::InitInstallEngine

--------------------
[10/30/12 14:20:46] module: DXWSetup(Mar 30 2011), file: psheets.cpp, line: 705, function: PreinstDlgProc

Try installing this instead: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/...px?id=8109
Extract it in a folder, then navigate to it and run DXSETUP.exe
Dude, lifesaver. Worked like a charm.
Everything is running great. Remoted to my computer to work on this while at work. Loaded my game, so I assume I'm good. I'll test it more thoroughly once I get home.
Glad it worked for you Wink
Yeah, install dx9 redistributable was the solve Smile...
Everything is running very smoothly. Was able to play/tweak FFX last night with very little slow down. Mainly hold up at like 60 FPS. I'm very pleased. Hopefully I can squeeze a little more out of it in the future.
it's good that it worked

btw 60 fps is the normal speed of games

u can adjust the speeds as follows:-
1) press tab to go into turbo mode. it will jump to 80 fps during gameplay and 100 fps when a game menu is open. press tab again to go back to normal mode
2) press shift and tab to go into slow motion mode. it will drop t0 25 fps. press ahift and tab again to go back to normal mode
(10-31-2012, 05:06 PM)goku2057 Wrote: [ -> ]Everything is running very smoothly. Was able to play/tweak FFX last night with very little slow down. Mainly hold up at like 60 FPS. I'm very pleased. Hopefully I can squeeze a little more out of it in the future.

PS2 is based on TV standards (like most game consoles), it has the synchronization frame by frame, think like each frame is like a photography where the characters position is fixed.

PC has the synchronization defined by real time.

The immediate consequence of that difference is if you play a console game (emulated or otherwise) at different FPS, things will look as in slowmotion or fast motion depending on the FPS offset over the standard 60FPS for NTSC and 50FPS for the used PAL version in PS2.

Besides other issues related with synch may arise.

In PC this is not always true, the actual "changes" in the image being presented are not directly dependent on FPS. Well, not totally true for a high FPS is still useful for allowing you to aim at smaller steps making snipping smoother, a plus on First Person Shooter games. But unless it is too low, the FPS does not affect much how things moves and changes visually.

PS: a title of curiosity and humor Smile - I had to cap the FPS at 60 (by means of Adaptive Vsynch at the Nvidia control panel) in the game Skyrim for otherwise the physics go totally insane and messed (possibly because the SLI), is highly funny for a while seeing bears, spiders and even mammoths floating around and moving like using teleporters... but soon enough the amusing factor disappears.

But then Skyrim, sadly, is kind of a port to PC of a console game.
Great tips from both of you. I never even thought about the differences between a console game and a PC game. Thanks fellers.