..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: I would like to make a request [EDITED!]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I would like to make a request :

I wonder if you can you do more compatible Ratchet & Clank games on the emulator to avoid image problems and FPS rate.
I have an AMD FX-8150 Eight Core Processor 3.60GHz (4.2GHz overclocking) and a Sapphire Radeon 2GB GDDR5. I beg to knees, shortly be his birthday and I wish I could again Let's play this great trilogy that no longer have your PS2. Greetings! LaughRolleyes
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1866 PC3-14900 16GB 2x8GB CL10
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Config:
PCSX2
(EE/IOP)
[Image: pcsx2_CoreSettings_EE-IOP.png]

(VUs)
[Image: pcsx2_CoreSettings_VUs.png]

(GS)
[Image: pcsx2_CoreSettings_GS.png]

(Window GS)
[Image: pcsx2_CoreSettings_Ventana%20GS.png]

(Hacks Speed)
[Image: pcsx2_CoreSettings_Hacks%20de%20velocidad.png]

(Fixes for Games)
[Image: pcsx2_CoreSettings_Arreglos%20para%20juegos.png]

(Setings Plugins)
[Image: pcsx2_AppSettings_Plugins.png]

(GSDX Config)
[Image: GSDX.png]
what gsdx settings are you using?
Try gsdx software mode, VU clamping extra, and mtvu hack Smile
About graphical glitches : It works using software mode.
About fps problems : get a better CPU. AMD Faildozer is unfortunately weak compared to intel standards.
In general : if you dont have a PS2 anymore, you have no legal right to use pcsx2, and thus, nothing to do here.
(11-02-2012, 09:43 AM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]In general : if you dont have a PS2 anymore, you have no legal right to use pcsx2, and thus, nothing to do here.
that could be interpreted many ways. if I said I didn't have a ps2 anymore, I could mean it no longer works, but I have it in my possession. if my PSP bricked I would say I didn't have one anymore also. Just pointing that out.
Post Redited
(11-02-2012, 09:43 AM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]About graphical glitches : It works using software mode.
About fps problems : get a better CPU. AMD Faildozer is unfortunately weak compared to intel standards.
In general : if you dont have a PS2 anymore, you have no legal right to use pcsx2, and thus, nothing to do here.

Even you Brutus?

Compared with which Intel standards? yes, it is slower than let's say an i5-2500k in most applications but a FX-8150 should be enough to run most games "easily" (I talk from personal experience)... and it is way faster than entry level Intel CPUs, a fact that is often forgotten and is noticeable in many posts where people seems to think it is Intel so it will run, it's AMD? so it will not.

my rant cent.
Edit: I needed to say this because I would be very pissed if told to get a better CPU when I do have reasons other than just the performance behind my choice. And the CPU is enough to the task in hand even if not the best.
When I say "intel standards", I mean actual standards, of course. Not the 4-5 years old ones.

And yes, since R&C series are ones of the most demanding games, (if not THE most demanding ones) in software mode, a Bulldozer will perform quite badly.

I don't mean AMD is bad, I mean BUlldozer is.
In fact, if I remember well, a Phenom X4 would perform better than the one he has.
(11-02-2012, 02:25 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]When I say "intel standards", I mean actual standards, of course. Not the 4-5 years old ones.

And yes, since R&C series are ones of the most demanding games, (if not THE most demanding ones) in software mode, a Bulldozer will perform quite badly.

I don't mean AMD is bad, I mean BUlldozer is.
In fact, if I remember well, a Phenom X4 would perform better than the one he has.

Is not my wish to turn the thread into a dispute even because there is no doubt you are right pointing an Intel CPU of equal grade performs better (mainly in single threaded applications, what PCSX2 is in a way for what it does is breaking the load in a number of single threaded processes).

Just than with some hacks "maybe" could be possible to get better results. Possibly you was already upset because the possible piracy case what may have affected the answer and made it subjective.

But if willing the arm wrestling, I dare you to run the unigine benchmark or maybe the metro 2033 benchmark against my faildozer with the same settings (we have the same GPU, only that the second here almost doubles the result in both above cases). Ah, I dare not to make the same challenge in Skyrim for I believe your machine would win by far margin, mainly in cities Smile

Sorry, in the end I was biased as well jumping in defense of AMD.
I offer myself to do testing PCSX2 with my computer, to contact with me: Skype: worldwar47
See if you can improve emulation with these more advanced processors.

Greetings!
Pages: 1 2