..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Virtual USB Keyboard?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello and good day to you all. I was wondering if there is any way to use a "virtual" USB Keyboard in PCSX2 in order to type stuff with my actual computer Keyboard? You know, for games like RPG Maker 2/3. As anyone who has played those games knows, there is a LOT of typing to be done in an RPG Maker, and I'd much prefer being able to use my real keyboard for it rather than the controller.

Edit: Well I found a plugin that works with RPG Maker 2, but not 3. So if anyone knows a specific way to get the emulator to let me type with my keyboard in RPG Maker 3, let me know.
It would only be possible if the game supported some sort of USB keyboard through the ports on the physical console itself.

EDIT: Well actually, I thought of a hackish way to do it, but not very reliable, and not worth anyone's time, as it would involve changing a fair bunch of code, and each games would need to be patched during runtime for it to work.
(11-08-2012, 12:48 AM)The Walking Glitch Wrote: [ -> ]It would only be possible if the game supported some sort of USB keyboard through the ports on the physical console itself.

RPG Maker 3 does support it, which is why it bewilders me that a plugin can make it work with 2 and not 3.
I don't know about that then. I was thinking more along the lines of Gran Turismo 3/4 when I was talking about a hack-ish keyboard.
We did have a keyboard plugin which worked in Monster Hunter when we were getting the online plugin working. Ill have to see if i can dig it out (if it still works)
I'd be willing to try it, but it kind of worries me that I can get that nuvee plugin to work with RPG Maker 2 and not with 3. I had hoped such a plugin would work universally.

The biggest pain of all is that I've gotten a USB Keyboard since last owning the game, but going out to get another copy of RPG Maker 3 would mean starting over on the already huge amount of progress I've made on it in PCSX2. Glare