..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Does the ps isos work on pcsx2?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want ask, since the ps2 can run ps games, if pcsx2 can emulate ps games also.
The primary goal of PCSX2 is to emulate the playstation 2, the main part of that being, playing ps2 games. We might in the distant future have PS1 support, but it seems kind of odd to want to emulate a system on an emulator emulating it.

It would be far more lucrative to just use an existing PS1 emulator like PCSX or ePSXe or one of the many other ones ;p
(11-10-2012, 02:11 PM)refraction Wrote: [ -> ]The primary goal of PCSX2 is to emulate the playstation 2, the main part of that being, playing ps2 games. We might in the distant future have PS1 support, but it seems kind of odd to want to emulate a system on an emulator emulating it.

It would be far more lucrative to just use an existing PS1 emulator like PCSX or ePSXe or one of the many other ones ;p
I know what you mean, but as a fan of Legend of Dragoon unless i run it in the original psx/ps2 i have there is no emulator for psx that run it without problem/bugs. That is why i asked. Thanks for the reply
have you tried the listed psx emulators? PS2 emulators emulating the PSX would probably be more buggy than a direct emulator ;p
(11-10-2012, 02:52 PM)refraction Wrote: [ -> ]have you tried the listed psx emulators? PS2 emulators emulating the PSX would probably be more buggy than a direct emulator ;p
Yeah, unfortunately the Dragoon transformation lead to crash and bugs on epsxe.
It shouldn't, really. I've played Legend of Dragoon from start to finish without issues like 10 years ago on ePSXe. Maybe try 1.8.0 which was released just yesterday. Or pSX, which tends to be the more accurate emulator anyway, although of course with less options to enhance graphics.
played through LoD on ePSXe 1.7.0 without any problems
Then it must be a problem on my end. I'll have to check things out to resolve the problems.