..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix 60fps hack.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
It was Virgin KLM's code i was talking about, His seemed to speed the game up perfectly. Just made everything 2d and background music/FMV's fast. Yours fixes all that, But people are reporting issues. I played through KH1's Alice world and only saw that the orbs are collected significantly faster, Which is a bonus for me. But everything else seemed to play just find. Just way smoother
(07-04-2013, 06:29 PM)hellbringer616 Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder. VIRGIN KLM, If i recall correctly your patch doubles the speed of the game, But than halves the 3D part resulting in smoother play, Do you think there is one of each for 2d animations and sound? Because if so we can have the best of both worlds. Maybe Xendran knows how to find said code (if it exists)?
Nope, it's the code for the game's internal speed. It slows down/speeds up everything. The good thing is that since the game doesn't drop frequently under 30fps it will mentain a super smooth gameplay almost always compared to the ELF hack that actualy just removes the fps cap and PS2 since it's not really capable to keep up most of the times it will fail to have correct 60fps, so the same thing will happen in PCSX2 since it emulates it accurately. It's just the only advantage over that hack still though for some reason I prefer the ELF one, it's more sophisticated and more flexible, even though the one with the code I did can assure always stable 60 fps. I prefer the ELF hack either way.
My GTX 570 can run 60fps permanently at 3x native
(07-05-2013, 12:44 AM)Xendran2 Wrote: [ -> ]My GTX 570 can run 60fps permanently at 3x native

Don't mix up VPS with FPS. The game slows down internaly. My FPS counter stays at 60 constantly on 3x aswell but what I see are not 60fps.
Heres KH1FM in 60FPS if you guys want to see how well it works.

https://archive.org/details/KingdomHeartsFinalMix60FPS
@Xendran2 Flawless work dude!
I hope it's possible to do it for more games, like FFXII IZJS and Rogue Galaxy.
if you have Verizon FIOS, it wouldn't matter. Because of the high speed the game is up to 60 fps. so i know how the game is like in 60 fps.
(08-28-2013, 01:28 AM)gazishahi123 Wrote: [ -> ]if you have Verizon FIOS, it wouldn't matter. Because of the high speed the game is up to 60 fps. so i know how the game is like in 60 fps.

Nothing about this sentence makes any sense or has anything to do with this discussion.

Network speed has nothing to do with rendering a game, nor allowing it to be played with an internal framerate of 30 or 60.

I wish PCSX2 would go the route of other emus and rename hz to speed and make it a % out of 100 (or adding another thing to that bar that does the same)

People are too used to PC games and focusing on it as frames rendered per second rather than what it actually applies to in terms of emulation.
i used the code with jak 2 and in the cutscenes i can run perfectly full speed in software mode and i am so happy but after the cutscene the speed of the game runs in slow motion

i used the code with jak 2 and in the cutscenes i can run perfectly full speed in software mode and i am so happy but after the cutscene the speed of the game runs in slow motion
Can this be done with Final Fantasy X too?
I have the international version which runs with 60fps but the internal framerate looks way slower.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18