..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: In Over My Head - Need Assistance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I've registered on the PCSX2 forums only to get help with getting past the inital setup of the program. With that being said, if you have a low patience level for people like myself who aren't really that knowledgeable on the topic said setup of the emulator, leave this thread, I want help not a someone to split hairs or send barage of insults, the likes of which online forums are notorious for.

I currently have an eMachine E730 (Running in High Performance Mode) which I know is not the best laptop on the market (I'm aware, no need to point it out, I get it, my laptop is pretty budget, I got it). Here's some screenshots from CPU-Z:

[Image: 95330792.png]
[Image: 83356796.png]

It runs Intel HD Graphics, whatever that means...? It sounds like a load of crap to me. My problem is even if I set the graphics in PCSX2 to DirectX10 3D (Software), I'm getting a message saying my hardware/software isn't supported. I can't update Direct X, wheneven I click the web installer links from the Microsoft website, the installer initialises and then closes down, claiming there is some error and to check DXError.log and some other .log file in the Windows folder that doesn't actually exist.

My question is, is there anyway to run the program on my current machine at all? Or should I just not bother and keep playing on my actual PS2 until I can upgrade my laptop? A simple "No, sorry." or "Yes and here is how..." will do.
If you can't install directx there is something wrong with the laptop so you might need someone local to look at it for you.

That said make sure you are using Intel's graphics drivers, Google "Intel driver update utility" to get the latest available ones