..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: pcsx refuses to build - libcairo.so issue?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I tried running build script with the latest source, but it fails with the following message:

Code:
[ 13%] Building CXX object pcsx2/CMakeFiles/pcsx2-dev.dir/gui/MemoryCardFile.cpp.o
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `/usr/lib/libcairo.so', needed by `pcsx2/pcsx2-dev'.  Stop.
make[1]: *** [pcsx2/CMakeFiles/pcsx2-dev.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Synaptic shows I have "libcairo2" installed...
(11-22-2012, 03:28 PM)Jenia Wrote: [ -> ]I tried running build script with the latest source, but it fails with the following message:

Code:
[ 13%] Building CXX object pcsx2/CMakeFiles/pcsx2-dev.dir/gui/MemoryCardFile.cpp.o
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `/usr/lib/libcairo.so', needed by `pcsx2/pcsx2-dev'.  Stop.
make[1]: *** [pcsx2/CMakeFiles/pcsx2-dev.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Synaptic shows I have "libcairo2" installed...

You may need to update your cairo package to the last version.

Sometimes I ticle installing Linux again to get myself out that marasm and stupidity Windows puts us :/ ... nah, let's forget it, I could be tempted to ever code again, heavens forbid Smile
assuming you are using debian or ubuntu type of distro, you could try using the ppa. if that does not suit you then at least add the ppa to your repository, do an update, type sudo apt-get build-dep pcsx2-unstable, then try to rebuild from source...sent via cell phone
You need to install the dev package. What is your OS? 32bits or 64bits? Normally cmake mustn't start the build if you miss some libraries.
I've got Linux Mint Debian Edition, 32bit (UpdatePack 5 if that helps any).

I have a package called "libcairo2" both the standard one and the -dev one.
then why not try the idea i mentioned a couple posts earlier. you dont have to install the ppa if you dont want to but at least you can pull the dependencies from the ppa before trying to build again.
(11-23-2012, 03:53 PM)DaTankAC Wrote: [ -> ]then why not try the idea i mentioned a couple posts earlier. you dont have to install the ppa if you dont want to but at least you can pull the dependencies from the ppa before trying to build again.
Because the ppa doesn't work. Sad

Code:
W: Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/gregory-hainaut/pcsx2.official.ppa/ubuntu/dists/debian/main/source/Sources  404  Not Found

W: Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/gregory-hainaut/pcsx2.official.ppa/ubuntu/dists/debian/main/binary-i386/Packages  404  Not Found
can you do a:
find /usr/lib -iname "libcairo.so*"

Do you have some of the following directory
/usr/lib32
/usr/lib64
/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu

Edit: what is your cmake version?
(11-23-2012, 08:26 PM)gregory Wrote: [ -> ]can you do a:

Do you have some of the following directory
/usr/lib32
/usr/lib64
/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu

Edit: what is your cmake version?
Doing as you said returns
Code:
/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libcairo.so.2.11200.2
/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libcairo.so.2
/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libcairo.so
My cmake version is 2.8.9
Thanks. There is a cmake issue. It try to search lib in /usr/lib instead of /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/.

Can you do a
Code:
./build.sh --clean
./build.sh
And copy paste the beginning before the building. I only want the cmake stuff. Thanks.
Pages: 1 2