..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Please insert a PlayStation 2 Disc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hello!

Finally after a long time I made PCSX2 work, but now already comes the next problem.

No matter how I try to start the game (via .img, via DVD…), it always tells me that I need to insert a PS2 Disc.

Anyone know more?

I'd really appreciate it Smile

Ocelot

Edit // maybe some infos:

I am using the latest OSX system (although I had this problem too before), and about PCSX I'm not sure, when I go to Help > About, it says I'm using a beta version for Linux. Haha!
Sorry if I'm jumping on something I don't understand well (I have no Mac and don't know how PCSX2 port works for it).

But since you didn't tell what is the game, should we assume is a double disk game and are you trying to start from a save game at that second disk already, or is happening to any game and even for new games?
It happens with all games! All these games have only one single disc.

About new games — I'm not sure. I don't really have any new games, newest I got is from 2006-2007 I think. But those I tested are positive on the list of working games on this site.

Also I didn't try anything with save games. I only tried starting the game from the DVD or from an image (basically like an ISO).
Make an iso of your dvd since pcsx2 for mac is unable to use physical s2 dvds ATM
Really? I didn't know that.

I tried making an image (iso) of it already, and it didn't work either. Then I guess the problem must be my image!

Are there any rules or any things on which I should be careful when creating an IMG? Some specific settings?

Edit // I think I misread something, what exactly is an S2 DVD? Can't seem to find anything about it!
I meant "ps2 DVD" Laugh
Sorry, i dont know a lot about macs either...
Can't help you with this.
Ahh, and for "new game" I meant starting a fresh one instead loading from a previous save Smile
Oh alright! Ok I will search some tutorials again on how to make an ISO / IMG the proper way, and try it again. If that doesn't work, I will be really sad Sad

Thanks for the help so far!
Alright so I created an ISO (not an IMG but an actual ISO) and tried loading it into PCSX2, but then the program suddenly closes.

This is what terminal tells me:

Code:
Loading from a CD rom or CD image
loadElfFile: 3095788
addr 155c8 "rom0:OSDSYS" -> "cdrom0:\SCES_511.59;1"
addr 15d30 "rom0:OSDSYS" -> "cdrom0:\SCES_511.59;1"
addr 21798 "rom0:OSDSYS" -> "cdrom0:\SCES_511.59;1"
addr 90700 "rom0:OSDSYS" -> "cdrom0:\SCES_511.59;1"
loadElfFile: cdrom0:\SCES_511.59;1; CRC = 458485EF
XML Loader returned an error. Trying to load a pnach...
No patch found.Resuming execution without a patch (this is NOT an error).
Opening Plugins...
Plugins opened successfully.
ZZogl-PG: Disabling MRT depth writing.
ZZogl-PG: Current game CRC is 458485ef.
ZZogl-PG: You've manually enabled these hacks:
ZZogl-PG: 'No logz' hack enabled.
Offset 0xea062690 invalid. Legit SIGSEGV. Aborting.
Segmentation fault: 11
logout

Anyone know what this means? I hope it can be resolved Huh

Edit // Did some research and found this here…

Kaze Wrote:The segmentation fault HAS NO SOLUTION, as it is mainly caused by corrupt ISO's or ISO's in wrong format. How did you rip the dvd? It is recommended to use Terminal for that, as Terminal can make a byte-by-byte copy of a DVD/CD. Also, it is IMPOSSIBLE to run a CD/DVD from the tray, you MUST make an ISO.

However, I ripped my ISO from the DVD with the terminal :/ Very strange… apparently no ISO gets accepted.
Well, seg faults are usually caused by bad ISO rips, they need to be ripped with certain parameters, else they end up in a different format than the PS2 DVD's originally are.

EDIT:
This should be the right procedure:

Insert the DVD, and in the terminal do:
Code:
diskutil unmountDisk disk1
Code:
dd if=/dev/disk1 of=/Users/your-username/Desktop/Game_name_here.iso
Pages: 1 2 3 4