..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Disgaea Hour of Darkness issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When trying to play this game, I am using my PS3 controller and for some reason when I go to use a skill I can't change the direction the character is facing in order to target someone that I can actually hit with it.

I pressed every button I could think of on my PS3 controller and nothing worked, Disgaea 2 does it just fine but for some reason the first just won't do it.

Also, anyone know how to fix the screen being shaky as all hell and really blurry? I have the resolution set to 3x native (1920x1080).
about the screen shaking : press F5 to set interlace mode to one that suits you
about the blur : since disgaea is a 2D game, it won't get any benefit from increasing the internal res.

dunno about the controller, I never used a PS3 controller. Did you use motionjoy ?
Yeah, for some reason my PS3 controller driver got corrupt so I just re-loaded them and it's working now.

Any tips on getting Dirge of Cerberus working properly? My specs are:
Windows 7 64bit (Home Premium)
12GB RAM
AMD HD 6850
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition
what do you mean by "properly" ?
What problem do you have ?
Standalone PS3 controller drivers suck. They will always come up eventualy with a weird bug or a BSOD because of weird kernel errors. The only one that I found working with some modification was DS3 Tool.
I'm using DS3 Tool for it, and by properly I mean above 20 FPS. I have seen it done, just don't know how to configure it properly for that.

EDIT: Also I did get the screen to stop shaking, the blurry part I can't quite get fixed but I think I gotta pick either blurry or shaky. I'll go with blurry.
(11-30-2012, 03:01 AM)Anadriall Wrote: [ -> ]I'm using DS3 Tool for it, and by properly I mean above 20 FPS. I have seen it done, just don't know how to configure it properly for that.

EDIT: Also I did get the screen to stop shaking, the blurry part I can't quite get fixed but I think I gotta pick either blurry or shaky. I'll go with blurry.

I've actually had problems with a couple games being blurry for me. I found out that if I go into the GSdx and "Enable HW Hacks", and change the skipdraw to 1, that fixes most games blurriness. If anything, it's worth a shot.
I'll try that, and post the results.

EDIT: Hey, that worked. No screen shaking and it's much clearer now. Thx much. I wonder if that would fix Dirge of Cerberus, too.... Blink
(11-30-2012, 05:11 PM)Anadriall Wrote: [ -> ]I'll try that, and post the results.

EDIT: Hey, that worked. No screen shaking and it's much clearer now. Thx much. I wonder if that would fix Dirge of Cerberus, too.... Blink

No problem, just glad to be able to help a fellow gamer out!
As it turns out, that of course did not fix Dirge of Cerberus. Truly is a really weird situation. I can play any current game on the market maxed out, but for some reason just cant get Dirge of Cerberus to work. Ah well...