..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Every game run slowly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My computer specs are:
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.2GHz
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD6870
RAM: 4GB
Operating System: Windows 7 64 Bit
and every game I try to run runs slowly, some at 20 FPS and some at 40.
Is my computer not good enough to run PCSX or did I not configure it correctly?
In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
Using PCSX2 1.0.0
I did not change any emulation settings, except for the window size in GS Window to 1904 X 1032.
my graphics plugin settings are:[Image: captureoxw.png]
All the games I tried to run from ISO:
Ratchet & Clank
Shadow of the colossus
And now I tried to run KH2 from ISO as well, yet this one worked perfectly.
your PC won't be up to the task for ratchet & clank or shadow of the colossus.
dunno what you can do for R&C (except you will have to run it in software mode to run it without glitches, but it'll be slower...)

About shadow of the colossus, push VU cycle stealing speedhack to 2 and remove MTVU hack.
that should help you greatly.
Also the pic he shows was DX9, while the 6870 is a fullblown DX11 card whereas most games run way better on then DX9 Smile
(12-14-2012, 03:31 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]your PC won't be up to the task for ratchet & clank or shadow of the colossus.
dunno what you can do for R&C (except you will have to run it in software mode to run it without glitches, but it'll be slower...)

About shadow of the colossus, push VU cycle stealing speedhack to 2 and remove MTVU hack.
that should help you greatly.

I much like to DISAGREE with that statement Closedeyes

My system is slightly better (appart from the oc) and i run SoC @ fullspeed 99,99% provided you use VU steal hack set to just 1... and everything at default Biggrin

The same for R&C.. and if you manage to get those games to work at full speed you can pretty much get any game at fullspeed .... that is in HWmode atleast ... Unsure

But then again, my cpu is overclocked and is the next P2 in line (new revision) compared to his 955 that still use C2 stepping !!!!

It plausible that the C2 VS C3 stepping might be an major factor here.. yeah...Unsure

Cause my previous P2 940BE wos also an C2 stepping cpu and i had horrible FPS (even overclocked to 3.8Ghz!) .

Thats like 400 less then i now have with my 965... still the 965BE > 940BE performance is like NIGHT and DAY Blush !!!

REmarkable, when clock frequency play's such an huge factor in video editing/encoding and such but is of less importance suddenly when emulating pcSX2...!

I woud love to see the multi-threaded / core implementation to improve thoug in pcsx2...

I bet this might be the very root of the performance hit aswell..

So yeah , come to think of it... i can't totaly disagree with ya !!!

Cherriepoppers,