..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: God of War 1 & 2 looks playable
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
edit: withdrawn. I'll just deal with the lag with 0.9.6 and wait for the next official release.
How to I get past the Prometheus cutscene where I save him. I cannot find any patches in this thread.

Edit: I found the patch but how do I apply it? When I open pcsx2 0.9.7.2555 and go under Config, I click patches but nothing opens. Whats wrong?
Is there any sound plugin that works perfect for gow 1? On zerospu2 music and everything plays fine but after some time sound gets bugged. On spu2-x
it's good too but music cuts out and plays from the beginning.
Is there any patch for skipping GOW ingame cutscenes beoz i unable to get passed the cutscene of temple of oracle where old man appears then i made a video skipping patch but it only works on first starting video,on other cutscene it gives a black empty screen but sounds continue and i also able to go to start or select menu but when i resume, then black screen appears again.what to do??.can someone help???

sorry for poor english!!!!!!!!!!
So, there is this one movie in my GoW2 game (NTSC) (its where you find this guy chained up and having his guts being eaten out by a bird) that when it reaches what I think is the very end (not sure cuz its never actually ended) it freezes, permanently. (yeah i know there've been a billion threads on this but none of their solutions seem to work for me or I simply have no idea what their talking about) (im kinda hopeless at this stuff) I have PCSX2 0.9.6

Ive heard all about this skip MPEG patch thing, but absolutely no idea what it means and how to use it. Ive read about going into Misc>Enable Patches, then Misc>Patch Browser and when I click on "Skip MPEG" it tells me that patch is not found.

I have no idea how to use these patches so, if anybody can help me out with a step-by-step on how to do this...

Somebody save me, please.
People are saying stuff like 'I finished GOW' and stuff, does that mean there is an official fix for the white screen glitch after clones?
Can anybody help me out? After I enable the skip mpg patch and try to go back to the game, it is frozen at that point. What do I do?
try again. you need to hit ESC and use patch immediately after FMV starts.
enabling patch worked for me in god of war 1. had some issues with the video right before you fight the fire minotaur at the temple of pandora.
but somehow i can't get out of that room after the fight. i'm stuck...

i think it's a not triggered sequence at the end of the fight that keeps me from exiting that room...

i badly hope somebody can provide some help Laugh

edit: a yeah, well, i forgot to give some extra information.

i'm using pcsx2 r1888 with the latest beta plugin pack
tried with and without speedhacks enabled
native resolution and/or 1680x1050
en- and disabled widescreen at the game options (worked for the gravedigger video)
i m new here...
just went through all 100 pages, couldn't find the right solution for my problem...
God of war 1 - Temple Of Oracle, game freezes after the cut scene....any one has a proper solution for this?
please point me to the right direction...thnx....pcsx2 is best thing that has happend to me...