..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: God of War 1 & 2 looks playable
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Or just use 0.1.16 included in our beta plugin pack without resorting to shady compiles from google Tongue
Hello guys.
First of all i must say that Pcsx is marvelous piece of work.

Now to my problem. I managed to get a copy of God of War 1 from my friend(512x448 two files of 4GB). And managed to play without any major issues up to the point where you climb Chronos in an animation (its after a fight against several sirens). It all goes well and after the animation ends, the game loads. But a few seconds after that, the game freezes (CDVD REAR ERROR).

I have tried this numerous times with a lots of different configurations and it still does the same. I have read about this problem and learned that it might be actually problem of a copy of GoW i have. So i managed to get a different copy (512x512 single file of 4GB). But now i cant see my saves.

So guys, does anyone know either solution of the bug or a way to make the saves work even for another copy of game?

I really appreciate any help.
(04-15-2010, 07:55 PM)Bositman Wrote: [ -> ]Or just use 0.1.16 included in our beta plugin pack without resorting to shady compiles from google Tongue

i downloaded the 0.1.16 version and tried it. did the job for me on gow1 but did not work on gow2. no green but the ghost effect. cool if its working for you Smile
with the current setup i can play both parts (pal) stable and at playable speed Laugh
Quote:I managed to get a copy of God of War 1 from my friend(512x448 two files of 4GB)
That's a pirated copy. God of War is a single DVD9 disc (~7 gb) You will get no support for that here.
Could changes be aplied to PCSX 2 ? I mean changes from google code page,where link shows ?
(03-29-2010, 01:25 PM)Bluntastic Wrote: [ -> ]using the unofficial 0.9.7.2661 version did it for me.

how to get rid of the green screen in the newer versions?
also i cant quicksave anymore with f1 Sad
i am using the 0.9.7 version and gow1 is working great 80 - 100% fps all the time and nothing wrong except a ball of flame above kratos's head but i dont really mind its actually look more badass LaughLaugh but yesterday the game started crashing at the beginning of the temple of pandora and keeps crashing every time :'( :'(
which version of gsdx for 0.97 do i need to get rid of the green screen bug in gow1?
gsdx 1.16 sse3 or sthn no green screen at all Laugh you can even enable whatever speed hacks you want and it will still works fine except when u reach the temple of pandora :'(
hmm, i have 0.97 r2872 and gddx 0.1.16 (2870) but still the green screen bug Sad