..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: God of War 1 & 2 looks playable
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have problem with GoW1. Cut scenes and main menu seems to be all right, but gameplay is... laggy? Seems like game is running slower, and sound is pretty ugly and laggy. Fps is 20-50, 15-40% or something like that... :s
(05-16-2010, 01:57 AM)domacfiro Wrote: [ -> ]I have problem with GoW1. Cut scenes and main menu seems to be all right, but gameplay is... laggy? Seems like game is running slower, and sound is pretty ugly and laggy. Fps is 20-50, 15-40% or something like that... :s

use r1888 and march plugins
use native ps2 resolution in advanced put both clamps to none and find the right speedhacks for that game. also use the highest gsdx u can use,from low to high:sse2 ssse3 sse4.1
Hi everyone,
God Of War 2 runs great on my computer !

I m using the 0.9.6 ver with "GSdx160 (MSVC 15.00, SSE2) 0.1.15" plugin for graphics.
My computer is fairly powerfull (i7 + 5850) and I hit the 60 fps very easily.
So my question (witch might be unsual) is how to get better graphics since I can afford it ? ^^

Here's what I m using now with the graphic plugin:
Renderer : Direct3D10 Hardware
Interlacing: None
ratio: 16/9
D3D internal res: native
and every checkboxes checked.

I tried to change the D3D internal res (uncheck native) and put something higher. It seems better but there is bugs ("there's two offset images").

Thanks Smile

ps: I m using win7 64b

edit:
Here's the resul with my current config:
[Image: gow2pcsx2.jpg]

edit2:
Here's what I get when I m changing the internal res (1900*1080) :
[Image: gow2pcsx2bug.jpg]

I have no issues with GOW 1.
The game runs too fast thu... (~120%), I don't know how to slow it down.
(05-16-2010, 02:58 AM)iakoboss7 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-16-2010, 01:57 AM)domacfiro Wrote: [ -> ]I have problem with GoW1. Cut scenes and main menu seems to be all right, but gameplay is... laggy? Seems like game is running slower, and sound is pretty ugly and laggy. Fps is 20-50, 15-40% or something like that... :s

use r1888 and march plugins
use native ps2 resolution in advanced put both clamps to none and find the right speedhacks for that game. also use the highest gsdx u can use,from low to high:sse2 ssse3 sse4.1

It looks better now, but still isn't 100% fps, it's around 60-70...

I guess I'll just have to play this way, thanks Wink
@ bawzz

Thats beacuse any other resolution change that it isnt native will cause that ghosting efect,you will have to compile the latest gsdx to get the "scale" option and using that you can increase the native resolution without bugs
Try this version, and send me a pm if you need help with it cuz this site doesn't support this version. I went from about 75% fps to pretty much constant 100% in GoW1, 55-60 fps even in video scenes

*removed*
you are going around posting links that you are supposed not 2 :s and u saw the rules but still u post them. i will just lol on this one
My bad, didn't know I couldnt post those links, I'm sorry! thats my 2nd one
@ bawzz: You can slow the game down with the "Frame Limiting" in Config->Cpu.

@ nate1232: Ohmy You seriously plan on leaving that link on your post? Closedeyes OIC you don't realize you can (and should) remove it yourself.
hi,
i've got two problems...
1. if i want to use an In-game save point and click "Want to save? ->Yes" then theres only the black backround with the red symbol and i can't do anything...
> screen attachment

>>
it works a short time but now it doesn't work anymore
if i want to load the savesgame theres just "Loading ..." it doesn't end
and my savegames from other games also don't work anymore
and sometimes it says that i haven't got a memory card?!

2. because of problem one i used F1 to save and now i'm in GoW2 at the mission where i have to go back to Temple of Lahkesis over the big line (? don't know the right word in english...) Im at the horses but the line isn't there. if i walk there i fall down and die...
and i can't go to Main menu or restart from checkpoint... maybe save game error...
i play with an iso...
> screen 2+3

i hope you can help

I'm using the r1888 version
Graphic: GSdx 1145 0.1.15
using Windows 7 64-bit