..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: God of War 1 & 2 looks playable
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thanks alot for your help Chakan, and to all others.
I borrowed the NTSC version from my friend, which has his PS2 from the US, as a gift from his aunt.
We live in Romania and I bought mine from here.
Let's get to the point. The NTSC gets past the area of the first power , and I can now play the game. So the white wall is only a PAL problem.
I have a problem with the sound though, more often in FMV's, but ingame also. It crackles or it dissapears completely from time to time, especialy if you turn on the EE X3 hack, but it still happens with X2, and also the speed drops with X2.
Side note: The game is faster with GSDX 0.1.8 , compared with 0.1.14, the same happened in Onimusha Dawn of Dreams. I was standing in the area before you get of the ship near a save state , with 1.14 i get 54 FPS, with 1.8 I get 57 FPS.
(02-14-2009, 08:29 PM)cyber Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks alot for your help Chakan, and to all others.
I borrowed the NTSC version from my friend, which has his PS2 from the US, as a gift from his aunt.
We live in Romania and I bought mine from here.
Let's get to the point. The NTSC gets past the area of the first power , and I can now play the game. So the white wall is only a PAL problem.
I have a problem with the sound though, more often in FMV's, but ingame also. It crackles or it dissapears completely from time to time, especialy if you turn on the EE X3 hack, but it still happens with X2, and also the speed drops with X2.
Side note: The game is faster with GSDX 0.1.8 , compared with 0.1.14, the same happened in Onimusha Dawn of Dreams. I was standing in the area before you get of the ship near a save state , with 1.14 i get 54 FPS, with 1.8 I get 57 FPS.

No problem man Smile! So we are neighbors lol, I live in Serbia Biggrin. Yeah you can play the game NTSC-U ver. until the very end and then white, while PAL ver. gives you white screen in the beginning. Sound crackles or disappears..., hmm try changing your sound plugin. I use SPU2ghz PG (with EE X3 hack, and sound only crackles in FMVs). Hey, and thanks for the side note. Hope this helps, and Cheers!
I have AMD Athlon as a processor and windows xp. Unfortunately, this causes many problems to the game.Unsure The Athlon processor only supports Gsdx-sse2, which causes the green overlay problem. On the other hand, windows-xp cause the green fog problem. With these two problems the game is completely unplayable.Sad Specifically the green overlay is so intense, that the player cannot see where he is going!Wacko I hope the Pcsx2 code team make some efforts in the near future to make the game playable on Gsdx-sse2, as it is playable on Gsdx-ssse3.Rolleyes
GreekAthlon: To play this game normally you need pcsx2 rev 500 or later and GSDX 0.1.8 or later this will make sure that you will not get green fog in first game, and of course you need DX10 to look through the fog, but you need your Graphic Card to support DX10
And one more thing Green fog in God of War 2 is not fixed yet
What do you mean Vista will "kill your CPU"? Vista's not the greatest OS in the world, but it definitely won't kill your CPU. In the tests I've done on the same system, it's just as fast as XP when it comes to PCSX2, if not faster. You just have to stop services like Sidebar that eat up 1-2% of your CPU. Stop misleading people with false information.
Hello all of u dude this is nice work of your discovery but uncheck EErec- EE/IOP will down my speed to 4 fps but when i enable the EErec then i will have 27 fps .

Will U please solve my problem i will very thank full to u .

my cpu is only p4 3.5 Ghz and i have 1.5 gb of ram.

I think the code of EE part is wrritten wrong but the part of IOP is wrriten good so if they will change diffrent diffrent EE and IOP then it will chance to test more powerfully.
rajesh dutta: latest builds do not require EErec off you can play nice with it now
Hi..I'm a newbie here. I want to report a problem with this game.

Actually I'm not so sure if this the cause of this problems is emulator it self but may be some one encounter the same problem with me.

I use :
Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.0 Ghz (x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 9 GenuineIntel 2992 Mhz)
ATI Radeon 9550 / X1050 series 512Mb
2 Gb RAM
LG LCD 15 inc
Microsoft WindowsXP Professional SP2 Genuine
PCSX2 0.9.5 (I found it with Google, not from this site)

Problems:
Kratos looks like have spike in my LCD.There's a lot of lines on his body and it's annoying.Sad

Can anyone help me?
pretty please?Blush

If you already play it smoothly, would you mind to share your PCSX to me to test here?Closedeyes

oh!I'm looking for new friends too in [email protected],U can Buzz me anytime! Laugh
^^
oh..... its look like the same problem as i encounter...

any info would be appreciated...(like what svn it should use...or plugin maybe Laugh Laugh Laugh)

thx Laugh
It's meaningless asking for help if you aren't at least using laast version available.