..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: God of War 1 & 2 looks playable
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(06-10-2010, 07:53 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote: The bios used was found online obviously. If I had a PS2 I would have no need for PCSX2 would I? For me the benefits for this emu are for those who don't own a PS2 to be able to enjoy the games that they had to offer. Like I said I will gladly start to purchase games I've always wanted to play if the emu is able to run them.

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about...
warned for piracy

You need to own a PS2 and its BIOS to legally use this emu.

What are you talking about warned for piracy. I never asked anyone where can I find games or the Bios. And skimming through these forums I can see that allot of people have done so. I'm asking for help regarding the emu itself and running certain games. I could have lied and said yeah I own the real game or yeah I own a PS2 would that make you feel better? I've been honest in stating that I'm interested in trying the emu because there are Plenty of games that I would start to purchase if the emu proved worth while. Excuse me if I don't buy a PS2 but the bigger issue with piracy is in the games themselves and I've already stated that I would purchase games that I've always wanted to play. In fact I've already inquired about GOF 1 and 2 at local video game stores. If need be I can buy a used one for not much money but then that to me would eliminate the use of PCSX2. The reason I don't own the system is because I like to play games on my computer, previous systems I owned usually just collect dust. This emu is a great way for me to play on my computer.
(06-10-2010, 08:55 PM)sandroace Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-10-2010, 07:53 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote: The bios used was found online obviously. If I had a PS2 I would have no need for PCSX2 would I? For me the benefits for this emu are for those who don't own a PS2 to be able to enjoy the games that they had to offer. Like I said I will gladly start to purchase games I've always wanted to play if the emu is able to run them.

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about...
warned for piracy

You need to own a PS2 and its BIOS to legally use this emu.

What are you talking about warned for piracy. I never asked anyone where can I find games or the Bios. And skimming through these forums I can see that allot of people have done so. I'm asking for help regarding the emu itself and running certain games. I could have lied and said yeah I own the real game or yeah I own a PS2 would that make you feel better? I've been honest in stating that I'm interested in trying the emu because there are Plenty of games that I would start to purchase if the emu proved worth while. Excuse me if I don't buy a PS2 but the bigger issue with piracy is in the games themselves and I've already stated that I would purchase games that I've always wanted to play. In fact I've already inquired about GOF 1 and 2 at local video game stores. If need be I can buy a used one for not much money but then that to me would eliminate the use of PCSX2. The reason I don't own the system is because I like to play games on my computer, previous systems I owned usually just collect dust. This emu is a great way for me to play on my computer.

seems you didnt get it,its not a matter of being honest or not,its simply by the fact that every forums has rules,and the 1ยบ rule in this one is "NO PIRACY TALK ALLOWED" and that includes anything related to piracy,so if you read the rules at least once you will notice that you must own a ps2 in order to use this emu and you just stated you dont have one so you are breaking a rule thats all
Quote:What are you talking about warned for piracy.
you are using a bios which isn't yours. That's piracy

Quote:I never asked anyone where can I find games or the Bios
yep, you would have had a warning for that too...

Quote:And skimming through these forums I can see that allot of people have done so.
...And they have been warned or their thread has been closed or both.

Quote:I'm asking for help regarding the emu itself and running certain games.
maybe, but we don't give support to pirates. as rule #1 states

Quote:I could have lied and said yeah I own the real game or yeah I own a PS2 would that make you feel better?

It wouldn't... You registered to this forum, and are supposed to apply the rules. No one will check out if you're lying or not.

Quote:Excuse me if I don't buy a PS2 but the bigger issue with piracy is in the games themselves
Ask Sony. I'm not sure they would agree...

Quote:If need be I can buy a used one for not much money but then that to me would eliminate the use of PCSX2. The reason I don't own the system is because I like to play games on my computer, previous systems I owned usually just collect dust. This emu is a great way for me to play on my computer.

I see... you don't really understand the main purpose of emulation which is far from what you say.
Main purpose is to add functionnalities PS2 didn't have. Save staes, higher res, antialiasing, etc...
but as it needs a piece of code copyrighted by Sony to work, you need to buy legally this piece of code, and so, buy a PS2.
i wonder if it is ok to buy ps2 but use downloaded bios? (easier to obtain)
oh and i have a tricky question, so,someone have ONE ps2 and copied its bios. Then his family is using it with pcsx2 on multiple machines simultaneously. ok with you? Smile
Quote:i wonder if it is ok to buy ps2 but use downloaded bios? (easier to obtain)
same problem.
you need to use the bios you legally purchased. No someone else's

Quote:oh and i have a tricky question, so,someone have ONE ps2 and copied its bios. Then his family is using it with pcsx2 on multiple machines simultaneously. ok with you?

In my country, it'll be ok. Cannot tell if in onthers it would be the same, though...
jesalvein, soo.. if the bios stays within house it is ok? or within a family? what about distant relatives? Aunt is ok?

i can sell ps2 to anyone, why cant i give its bios?
personally i bought ps2 with games from a friend, so Sony did not receive my money directly.(But he could buy ps3 games with them)

sorry for offtopic, somebody should delete this or move to another topic.
as I said
Quote:In my country, it'll be ok. Cannot tell if in onthers it would be the same, though...
Ok this becomes off topic.
I'll end here.
Is there any way to boot FULL for GOW 2 to select language ? (iso made with PowerISO from an NTSC game i think it's a DVD9 cauz the image file size is 8gb) ?
by the way the speed in GOW 2 is really low compared to GOW 1 !!!!
set the plugin or the ISO internal loader and run full (the PAL version might have a language option in options perhaps?)
I'm wondering if my NTSC version have languages..because my (old and dead) PS2 was an NTSC one (japanese or english are the only language in it..)..
the thing is it's slooower than GOW 1 :/