..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: God of War 1 & 2 looks playable
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alright now I've bypassed some other things but have run into a new problem. Now I cant save anywhere past a certain point (Athens Town Square). If I try to save in game PCSX2 just crashes. Using save states doesn't work either as it leaves the background green like GoW2. Anyone run into a similar problem?

I also have the heavy fog in GoW using Windows Vista 64 bit or Windows 7 64 bit running the latest GSDX DX10 mode. It's much, much worse in DX9 though almost to the point of it being unplayable.

[Image: 30ddmx3.jpg]
And it still crashes. After the part when Kratos is climbing to the pandoras temple. It crashes at the end of the bridge. I'm using 720beta. Tryed every posible configuration, execute, everything. Tryed with the latest stable too.
Mh.. i tried anything on this thread i use the NTSC version of God of War and i still hang with a white screen after the first cinematic. ( i tried stable as well as latest beta)

SPU: SPU2-X 1.1.0 (default)
GPU: GSDX 890 (windowed, dx9, ps2.0,stretch, native, logarit-Z)
CDROM: (tried all available)
BIOS: 1.60 Europe (tried US too)

CPU: all active
Speedhack: X3, IOPx2, WaitCycle
Advanced: EE (Chop/Zero, Clamp none / FTZ and DAZ), VU (CHop/zero, clamp none, FTZ and DAZ)

AMD 5400+ (Brisbane)
2GB RAM
WinXP
8800GT 512

any tips Smile
(03-11-2009, 01:09 AM)prafull Wrote: [ -> ]This patch should fix God of War NTSC version (SCUS_973.99) white screen problem in the end. This will make movies highly choppy but atleast you can finish the game now. Incase if you still get a white screen try pressing start 3-4 times. You can also try this to get past other white screen problematic areas. Clear the area, make a memory card save , disable the patch and then load the memory card to continue.
damn! Ive got GOW NTSC (RUS) and your patch doesnt apply. Can u help me with modifying this patch for it?[Image: 1234edt.jpg]
(03-13-2009, 02:34 PM)tenow Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-11-2009, 01:09 AM)prafull Wrote: [ -> ]
damn! Ive got GOW NTSC (RUS) and your patch doesnt apply. Can u help me with modifying this patch for it?

See the pictures from the working patch!
Sorry i can't help you!The working disc: CRC = D6385328
But search the D6385328.pnach and try to rename it A61A4C6D.pnach!Helps maybe!
u gave me an idea - name of the patch is an image CRC. I renamed patch to fit my image CRC and had the same result as you. BUT that didnt help white screen because different CRC means different patches. Thats why I asked for help to modify it for GOW(RUS).
The patch works fine but in the last video the game freeze, just ending the game xDDD. Thanks, finally I could finish God of War in Pcsx2 Smile
If people with different versions of the game (including PAL) can send me their elf files of the game I can try to modify the patch according to their version.
+1, i hope the problem will be fiixed next version of pcsx (0.9.7)
and i hope this month will be release.
edit: and i hope gow2 will be playable Smile
(03-13-2009, 04:24 PM)Butz_san Wrote: [ -> ]The patch works fine but in the last video the game freeze, just ending the game xDDD. Thanks, finally I could finish God of War in Pcsx2 Smile
(03-12-2009, 06:34 AM)sajida Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-12-2009, 12:43 AM)schraube Wrote: [ -> ]Is the foggy thing green? My whole screen is tainted in a green hue (GoW1+2) , excep for the player model exluded.

try gsdx sse2 0.1.4 plugin, u can avoid the green foggy thing. Worked with me.

I guess you talk about gsdx sse2 0.1.14 - ie. the latest gsdx release.
I am using it and still have have everything rendered in green colors except for the player figure.

Nobody else ever experienced this prob? Seems strange to me that I should be the only one... Sad Ninja