..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: God of War 1 & 2 looks playable
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(04-11-2009, 12:47 AM)KimPim Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-10-2009, 10:09 PM)prafull Wrote: [ -> ]yay!!!!! Finally proper god of war 2 fix is out.

Love you gabest.Wub

What problem exactly fixed?

I treat with GSdx950 in my GoW 2 PAL and the screen continues being green Wacko

Same here, still have the Green screen in Pal version with r.950 that I just compiled. oO
How can I fix that ?? =D
(04-10-2009, 11:48 PM)Wagnard Wrote: [ -> ]Hey thanks for thoses patch prafull.
Is it normal that your GoW2 patch simply do not play the video of prometheus?

Yep, its normal. I will confirm later whether this patch fixes other video hangs or I will need to patch them separately.
(04-11-2009, 06:59 AM)prafull Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-10-2009, 11:48 PM)Wagnard Wrote: [ -> ]Hey thanks for thoses patch prafull.
Is it normal that your GoW2 patch simply do not play the video of prometheus?

Yep, its normal. I will confirm later whether this patch fixes other video hangs or I will need to patch them separately.

I am on the battle where you get to Theseus. With your patch enabled I get an error message saying Unexpected MPEG Error??? and the cutscene also doesnt start. When your patch is disabled, this cutscene plays through http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIHLXxRqV2s and up until the last second and then it locks up.
(04-11-2009, 06:48 AM)Gentleman Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-11-2009, 12:47 AM)KimPim Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-10-2009, 10:09 PM)prafull Wrote: [ -> ]yay!!!!! Finally proper god of war 2 fix is out.

Love you gabest.Wub

What problem exactly fixed?

I treat with GSdx950 in my GoW 2 PAL and the screen continues being green Wacko

Same here, still have the Green screen in Pal version with r.950 that I just compiled. oO
How can I fix that ?? =D

It seems that the problem of the green screen is still present in the Pal version... Sad
prafull, after disable your patch,any cutscene after not start, can you tell me why?
(04-11-2009, 09:07 AM)dungsoftvnn Wrote: [ -> ]prafull, after disable your patch,any cutscene after not start, can you tell me why?

Disable the patch. Restart pcsx2. Load memory card save and cutscenes will work again.

Quote: I am on the battle where you get to Theseus. With your patch enabled I get an error message saying Unexpected MPEG Error??? and the cutscene also doesnt start. When your patch is disabled, this cutscene plays through http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIHLXxRqV2s and up until the last second and then it locks up.

As of now I am at REINS OF THE STEEDS (with those 4 colored levers). Hopefully I will reach the part you mentioned tonite and make a patch for that as well.

Edit2: This is the updated patch, confirmed working for hangs @ prometheus and icarus, may work for whole game.
If someone would be so kind and send me the newest compiled version of pcsx (i think 950 or 951). this would be really nice. Please. Because i still get the green fog with newest Gsdx r950 and NTSC version of GOW2. Pls PM me
the emulation of god of war 2 seems not stable, randomly the EXE will freeze or display some strange error mapping and images of the game.
so the game can't go on. the 950 SSE2 is more reliable than SSE3 but can't save the problem.
well i still dindt have any crash...one strange thing if you load from a save state all the Green screen its there again, it affect gow1 and 2.
prafull, can you make an other patch, your patch make GOW2 crash here and i need it to skip the video that hang the emu here
[attachment=16756]