..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: God of War 1 & 2 looks playable
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(04-21-2009, 06:31 PM)sorek Wrote: [ -> ]PAL version is playable? I Have problem on this version, before golden rune - this movie, when kratos throw down ruin of old bulding. When this movie see us 'climber' - movie stoped.

Sorry for english, but what I shall do?
You should wait or use some patch that skips video
(04-21-2009, 03:16 PM)ZEROx Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-21-2009, 11:12 AM)winston Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-19-2009, 11:03 PM)ninjascroll Wrote: [ -> ]and dont forget, guys, load an save game, dont load states, the state freeze for me, i load the memory card and i can past the hang point on the fmv
works awesome for me, God of War 2 in high res, 1900x1900=

I viewed your screenshots,
How did you get such a good resolution without dealing with the fog and doubled image? Mine only works well with native resolution but that's like 500X500.
That was my modification to the GSDX allows to play at high-res and without fog but affect other games

hey can you tell me where your patch is?
thx
(04-21-2009, 03:16 PM)ZEROx Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-21-2009, 11:12 AM)winston Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-19-2009, 11:03 PM)ninjascroll Wrote: [ -> ]and dont forget, guys, load an save game, dont load states, the state freeze for me, i load the memory card and i can past the hang point on the fmv
works awesome for me, God of War 2 in high res, 1900x1900=

I viewed your screenshots,
How did you get such a good resolution without dealing with the fog and doubled image? Mine only works well with native resolution but that's like 500X500.
That was my modification to the GSDX allows to play at high-res and without fog but affect other games

I want it too
(04-21-2009, 06:41 PM)ZEROx Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-21-2009, 06:31 PM)sorek Wrote: [ -> ]PAL version is playable? I Have problem on this version, before golden rune - this movie, when kratos throw down ruin of old bulding. When this movie see us 'climber' - movie stoped.

Sorry for english, but what I shall do?
You should wait or use some patch that skips video

Where i can find/make this patch? Or w8 for what? Tongue
(04-21-2009, 07:59 AM)Zitze16 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-20-2009, 05:20 PM)GreekAthlon Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-20-2009, 01:05 PM)Zitze16 Wrote: [ -> ]What are the best actual Settings for God of War. The most of you are professional users of the emulator. I don't know much about settings. So it would be very nice if you can tell me a good configuration. Smile

With best regards,

Zitze16

There are no best actual settings for all pc's.Closedeyes You must either find out on your own which are the best settings for your computer or give us some information about your pc's hardware and windows in order to receive a correct answer. I cannot advise you now, because the correct settings for my computer might be wrong for yours.Glare

I have a:
Intel Core2Duo E6600 @ 4,4 Ghz
Nvidia GForce 7900GT and
2 Gig RAM.

My Plugins are:
Graphics: GSdx 1006 SSE3
Sound: SPU2-X 1.1.0
Controller: LilyPad 0.9.9
Cdvdrom: Linuz Iso CDVD 0.8.0

Is this enough information? Blush
Thanks in advantage!

-Your pc has a powerfull cpu, which means that you can enjoy high fps.Tongue In the Gsdx plugin (graphics) you should only check texture filtering and alpha correction. Pixel shader 3.0 and direct 3d hardware mode. In the cpu you must check all options on the left side of the screen and on the right side you should check limit-normal speed. In the speed hacks you should check 1.5 cycle rate and all options on the right side of the screen except vu cycle stealing. In the advanced category you should check chop/zero, none, flash to zero and denormals are zero.
-And now lets talk about the most important things... First of all you should never check native in the d3d internal resolution of the Gsdx plugin, because you have a powerfull cpu and the visual result will be dissapointing if checked.Blink You should start with 1024*1024 or 1280*1280 and if you get satisfing speeds, you can increase the internal resolution more. Remember that an internal resolution of lets say 1680*1050 is like you are having antialising AA2 and a resolution of 2720*1700 is like antializing AA4!Laugh
-The second important thing that you must know is that for Gow and Gow2 you must change your Gsdx plugin and use a modified one (only for Gow games as it causes crashes on other gamesExcl). The 962GSdxfixssse3.dll plugin is a great modified plugin for both Gow games (and only themExcl), as it removes that terrible fog thing and allows changes in the internal resolution without the ghosting effect.Happy
-If you want a very high internal resolution you can start using the vu cycle stealing option (only on pcsx2 984beta, 1002 and 1030), which can give you a great boost in the performance.Cool In my opinion you shouldn't use that option although you can have great speeds with really high internal resolutions, as this option if enabled causes continuous flashes on the Kratos sprite (sometimes in Gow2 on the backgrounds too) and you are not forced to use that option as your cpu is already powerfull enough.Smile
I hope I helpedMellow
-This topic concerns only those who have weak cpu's (like me who own a poor athlon 2,41ghSad) and are forced to use the hack "vu cycle stealing".
-In order to get rid of the background flashes in Gow2 (as in Gow1 only Kratos flashes), you must follow my instructions. First of all you must see which is the highest resolution that your monitor supports and select it. Then in the internal resolution box you must select a resolution that both the vertical and horizontal lines have the same number as the horizontal lines of your monitor's higher resolution. For example if your chosen monitor resolution is 1024*768, then your internal resolution must be 1024*1024. In the same way if your chosen monitor resolution is 1280*1024, then your internal resolution must be 1280*1280. Be carefull as if your chosen monitor resolution is 1280*1024 and you choose 1280*1024 as internal resolution you won't get rid of the annoying background flashes.Huh Both horizontal and vertical lines in the internal resolution must be the same with the horizontal lines of your monitor resolution. Only in this way you'll get rid of the background flashes in Gow2. Unfortunately you cannot get rid of the flashing Kratos sprite in any of the Gow games (at least not until now), but at list in this way you won't also have the background flashes.Unsure
-The behavour of the vu cycle stealing hack has been checked on the 962GSdxfixsse2.dll plugin.
I can't get gow2 to work properly. I got it to run at full fps but still has graphical issues. This is what i'm currently using:

PCSX2 r1034
GSdx r1006 SSE41 (Windowed, DX10 HW, None, 4:3, 1661x896, Native OFF, Texture Filtering)
SPU2-X 1.1.0
XPad 0.2.0
Linuz Iso CDVD 0.8.0
USA v01.60 Bios

CPU:
All options on the left marked
VU Skip (All 0)
Patches:
2F123FD8 (From page 31)
Gamefixes:
None
Speed Hacks:
3x Cycle Rate
INTC Sync Hack
IOP 2x Cycle Rate
VU Cycle Stealing (Slight speedup)
Advanced:

My PC Specifications:
Intel Core2Duo E7200 2.53ghz
2GB Corsair DDR2 RAM
Geforce 9600GT

This is how my game looks:
[Image: gow2.th.png]

Do i need to use older version or custom plugin?
I'm running gow2 from a ntsc iso
(04-22-2009, 04:57 AM)brenosabino Wrote: [ -> ]I can't get gow2 to work properly. I got it to run at full fps but still has graphical issues. This is what i'm currently using:

PCSX2 r1034
GSdx r1006 SSE41 (Windowed, DX10 HW, None, 4:3, 1661x896, Native OFF, Texture Filtering)
SPU2-X 1.1.0
XPad 0.2.0
Linuz Iso CDVD 0.8.0
USA v01.60 Bios

CPU:
VU Skip (All 0)
Patches:
2F123FD8 (From page 31)
Gamefixes:
None
Speed Hacks:
3x Cycle Rate
INTC Sync Hack
IOP 2x Cycle Rate
Advanced:

My PC Specifications:
2GB Corsair DDR2 RAM
Geforce 9600GT

Did you try native res?That Fixed me.Smile
(04-22-2009, 04:57 AM)brenosabino Wrote: [ -> ]I can't get gow2 to work properly. I got it to run at full fps but still has graphical issues. This is what i'm currently using:

PCSX2 r1034
SPU2-X 1.1.0
XPad 0.2.0
Linuz Iso CDVD 0.8.0
USA v01.60 Bios

CPU:
VU Skip (All 0)
Patches:
2F123FD8 (From page 31)
Gamefixes:
None
Speed Hacks:
3x Cycle Rate
INTC Sync Hack
IOP 2x Cycle Rate
Advanced:

My PC Specifications:
2GB Corsair DDR2 RAM
Geforce 9600GT

check native box to fix it
(04-22-2009, 01:18 AM)GreekAthlon Wrote: [ -> ]-This topic concerns only those who have weak cpu's (like me who own a poor athlon 2,41ghSad) and are forced to use the hack "vu cycle stealing".
-In order to get rid of the background flashes in Gow2 (as in Gow1 only Kratos flashes), you must follow my instructions. First of all you must see which is the highest resolution that your monitor supports and select it. Then in the internal resolution box you must select a resolution that both the vertical and horizontal lines have the same number as the horizontal lines of your monitor's higher resolution. For example if your chosen monitor resolution is 1024*768, then your internal resolution must be 1024*1024. In the same way if your chosen monitor resolution is 1280*1024, then your internal resolution must be 1280*1280. Be carefull as if your chosen monitor resolution is 1280*1024 and you choose 1280*1024 as internal resolution you won't get rid of the annoying background flashes.Huh Both horizontal and vertical lines in the internal resolution must be the same with the horizontal lines of your monitor resolution. Only in this way you'll get rid of the background flashes in Gow2. Unfortunately you cannot get rid of the flashing Kratos sprite in any of the Gow games (at least not until now), but at list in this way you won't also have the background flashes.Unsure
-The behavour of the vu cycle stealing hack has been checked on the 962GSdxfixsse2.dll plugin.

Hi mate, where do i find this plugin?
Thx in advantage.