..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: God of War 1 & 2 looks playable
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
in somes versions gow2 works better in software mode,, is stranger software mode has a enorm capacity : D
thanks pcsx2 team .pcsx2 has a ogl plugin or something like that like dolphin ...(hd)
God of War has perfect emulation in ths SVN 1045

the last speedhacks are awesome! O_O!

thnx to the developer team for doing an excellent job!

but still the problem of the withe screen in the final battle

well anyway is playable and fun even when i cannot finish it
[attachment=17525]
(04-23-2009, 05:26 PM)rammbbs7 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-21-2009, 03:16 PM)ZEROx Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-21-2009, 11:12 AM)winston Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-19-2009, 11:03 PM)ninjascroll Wrote: [ -> ]and dont forget, guys, load an save game, dont load states, the state freeze for me, i load the memory card and i can past the hang point on the fmv
works awesome for me, God of War 2 in high res, 1900x1900=

I viewed your screenshots,
How did you get such a good resolution without dealing with the fog and doubled image? Mine only works well with native resolution but that's like 500X500.
That was my modification to the GSDX allows to play at high-res and without fog but affect other games

Hey can i get that dll modified by you? I am kind of interested in only playing god of war. The fog thing is depriving me off the beauty of game.

This (file attached) is what i am getting in roof tops of athena, also i want to improve the game's internal resolution. Thanks in advance.
My pc specs are:

core2duo 2.8ghz
nvidia 9600gt 512mb ddr3
4gb ram
windows xp prof
windows vista 64bit
pcsx2 version 0.9.6
graphics plugin: Gsdx 890(MSVC 15.00, SSE41) 0.1.14
I got after the video in GOW1 where Kratos takes the new weapon in final battle(whitescreen)...

When the video starts press ESC, goto Misc--> Patch Browser, there klick "skip mpeg" --> should be a message "patch found", then klick "enable/disable" -->Enabled should be "Yes", Place to Patch should be "1" --> klick "Exit",goto Run-->Execute and you should start directly at the final battle. But after i defeated Ares the screen went black...
works well! thanks
does VU skip (CPU options) work for someone in GoW1 ? with it I get const 50-60 fps, but w/o - ~35-60 .. and with it emulator crashes/hangs after 5+ min of play
GoW1 is also the only game so far where VU skip gives me unstability
(04-24-2009, 12:25 AM)Vasto_Lorde Wrote: [ -> ]God of War has perfect emulation in ths SVN 1045
What do you mean with "perfect emulation"?
No fog, no crash, no problems?

Quote:but still the problem of the withe screen in the final battle
(except for this, of course).
Hey, i just used a different plugin and got rid of fog in gow. I got great internal resolution. Thought this might help some who are new to this. Don't know if i can post these, but complete credits to the developer. Also now i am struck at the temple where an old man is digging a grave. The emulator just hangs with a black screen. I made a patch to skip the video and it dint work. I think the game doesn't use SceMpegIsEnd. The console said unexpected mpeg error.

yeah sorry for that.
(04-25-2009, 01:40 PM)rammbbs7 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, i just used a different plugin and got rid of fog in gow. I got great internal resolution. Thought this might help some who are new to this. Don't know if i can post these, but complete credits to the developer. Also now i am struck at the temple where an old man is digging a grave. The emulator just hangs with a black screen. I made a patch to skip the video and it dint work. I think the game doesn't use SceMpegIsEnd. The console said unexpected mpeg error.

yeah sorry for that.

Man I looked angrily at the semi-visible face of the old man so many times, when my game hanged at the end of that video.
If you are running the game in 16:9 ratio, turn it back to 4:3. I'm talking about the game internal options, NOT the emulator options. That did it for me.
After passing that video, you can safely turn the ratio back to 16:9.
(04-25-2009, 10:32 PM)JafT.64 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-25-2009, 01:40 PM)rammbbs7 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, i just used a different plugin and got rid of fog in gow. I got great internal resolution. Thought this might help some who are new to this. Don't know if i can post these, but complete credits to the developer. Also now i am struck at the temple where an old man is digging a grave. The emulator just hangs with a black screen. I made a patch to skip the video and it dint work. I think the game doesn't use SceMpegIsEnd. The console said unexpected mpeg error.

yeah sorry for that.

Man I looked angrily at the semi-visible face of the old man so many times, when my game hanged at the end of that video.
If you are running the game in 16:9 ratio, turn it back to 4:3. I'm talking about the game internal options, NOT the emulator options. That did it for me.
After passing that video, you can safely turn the ratio back to 16:9.

I haven't yet reached that spot, but i'm curious to know.Glare Do you mean that I have to put the aspect ratio at 4:3 (which I already have) or do you advise as to change the internal resolution to a resolution that is 4:3 (like 1024*768 or 1280*1024)Huh cause I play in 1280*1280?