..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: God of War 1 & 2 looks playable
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(04-26-2009, 02:13 AM)GreekAthlon Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-25-2009, 10:32 PM)JafT.64 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-25-2009, 01:40 PM)rammbbs7 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, i just used a different plugin and got rid of fog in gow. I got great internal resolution. Thought this might help some who are new to this. Don't know if i can post these, but complete credits to the developer. Also now i am struck at the temple where an old man is digging a grave. The emulator just hangs with a black screen. I made a patch to skip the video and it dint work. I think the game doesn't use SceMpegIsEnd. The console said unexpected mpeg error.

yeah sorry for that.

Man I looked angrily at the semi-visible face of the old man so many times, when my game hanged at the end of that video.
If you are running the game in 16:9 ratio, turn it back to 4:3. I'm talking about the game internal options, NOT the emulator options. That did it for me.
After passing that video, you can safely turn the ratio back to 16:9.

I haven't yet reached that spot, but i'm curious to know.Glare Do you mean that I have to put the aspect ratio at 4:3 (which I already have) or do you advise as to change the internal resolution to a resolution that is 4:3 (like 1024*768 or 1280*1024)Huh cause I play in 1280*1280?

He means inside of the game, change it to 4:3. You hit start (or select, can't remember) and it brings up a menu with the option to change the aspect ratio.

That being said, I've always run the game at 4:3 and it never froze on me there. No special hacks required, may be your game image.
can get just 12-20 fps while playing the game but hits 50fps in the menu screen while upgrading my weapons. any help
Menus run fast compared to the rest of the game. This is normal and expected behavior.

If you want more help in improving the in-game framerates you might, I dare say, have to provide additional information about what kind of computer you're using, what breed of Hamster you installed inside its case, and what sort of configurations you've already tried in your quest for a better framerate.
use vu skip +x2 cycle rate and it wont crash again
hp nc6000
single core
516mb ram
1.6hz
ATI RADEON 9600SERIES
RES 512x512
everything in speed hack enabled + x2 cycle rate
EERec and VU recompilers enabled
see that air? are the info nuff. pls reply
Yes,your PC is below the minimum requirements for PCSX2, so get a new PC. Oh and don't triple post
I've managed to run GOW 2 at full speed without bugs (installed vista)... but after the battle with le old man (the video who freeze), I've to put a key on a mecanism (just after opened the door) and the game hangs on... No problem to pass the video but freeze little after. Any ideas ?

here is a screen of the place. This is not a freeze, I can still go to menus but kratos doesn't want to moove -_-

[Image: sanstitrexss.th.jpg]
what is the minimum requirement
(04-26-2009, 02:27 PM)afam Wrote: [ -> ]what is the minimum requirement

Read the FAQ and stop spamming this thread.