..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: God of War 1 & 2 looks playable
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Nothing to do, but buying a new powerful CPU. Core I7 for example ... hihihi
(05-01-2009, 06:26 PM)yorikbad Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-01-2009, 06:05 PM)phikhanh Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-01-2009, 04:58 PM)Saiki Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-01-2009, 02:16 PM)Bositman Wrote: [ -> ]Use Vista with DX10 or wait until it gets fixed. Seriously this issue has been discussed in about 30 pages of this thread. Emulation is not perfect, just WAIT until it is fixed or if you can use Vista with DX10. Yes it is THAT simple.

I haven't had any issues with it on software mode on DX9, that should work too
I think software mode should help. Because I running Hardware DX10 mode, it's not fix frog wall (GOW) as well ...
i know but in software mode i have 9-10 fps in game. What settings are you using?
my system specs are in my profile, and I use 384x384 internal resolution
(04-21-2009, 11:27 PM)GreekAthlon Wrote: [ -> ]-The second important thing that you must know is that for Gow and Gow2 you must change your Gsdx plugin and use a modified one (only for Gow games as it causes crashes on other gamesExcl). The 962GSdxfixssse3.dll plugin is a great modified plugin for both Gow games (and only themExcl), as it removes that terrible fog thing and allows changes in the internal resolution without the ghosting effect.Happy

I hope I helpedMellow

Could you please tell us where we can actually get the plugin... i cannot find it anywhere
Hello,

I was playing GOW very well until the second boss of the game : the dog machine.
The game freeze every time after 5 min of battle...is there something to tune for this scene ?
I'am really disapointed to not be able to play further Sad.
hi, sorry if i'm off topic but there was a pcsx2 beta thread with downloads in this forum and i can't find it now
can anyone give me a link?
(05-01-2009, 09:34 PM)Sparda Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-21-2009, 11:27 PM)GreekAthlon Wrote: [ -> ]-The second important thing that you must know is that for Gow and Gow2 you must change your Gsdx plugin and use a modified one (only for Gow games as it causes crashes on other gamesExcl). The 962GSdxfixssse3.dll plugin is a great modified plugin for both Gow games (and only themExcl), as it removes that terrible fog thing and allows changes in the internal resolution without the ghosting effect.Happy

I hope I helpedMellow

Could you please tell us where we can actually get the plugin... i cannot find it anywhere

This modified Gsdx plugin mentioned before is now old so I cannot propose it anymore.Glare For every Gsdx plugin there is also a modified one, so it's wiser each time to try and find the latest modified one for better stability and compatibility.Closedeyes For example right now you must find a modified Gsdx 1076 plugin because Gsdx 1076 is the latest official Gsdx plugin.Mellow
(04-30-2009, 03:57 PM)Bul Wrote: [ -> ]Any hints for speedup, more fps... using CU Stealing without flickering (I think my CPU is not strong enough to use the trick with the resolution someone posted before..)

I have a pc with Athlon 2,41Ghz which is not a strong pc and I easily get full speed all the time (with all hacks on) with internal resolution 1280*1280, so I am surprized that your computer isn't strong enough for my trick.Huh Anyway if you cannot use any other internal resolution besides native, then you must use windowed as the pcsx2 resolution. With this combination (windowed pcsx2 resolution-native internal resolution) you will also get rid of the background flickering in Gow2. Happy As for the Kratos sprite flickering you cannot do anything till now.Glare
The combination of the latest pcsx2 beta versions with the latest Gsdx plugins offers now great stability and compatibility to Gow games. The freezes and crashes are now minimized even with all hacks on and vu cycle stealing full.Tongue Just remember to check the limit-normal speeds in the cpu section and everything will work fine.Happy
(05-01-2009, 11:14 PM)zomurn Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

I was playing GOW very well until the second boss of the game : the dog machine.
The game freeze every time after 5 min of battle...is there something to tune for this scene ?
I'am really disapointed to not be able to play further Sad.

The dog machine?Huh There is no dog machine in Gow.Blink OhOhmy you mean the minotaur.Excl The mythological beast that Thesseus (in the original Greek mythology) slayed.Wacko Anyway you must use both the latest pcsx2 beta emulator and the latest Gsdx plugin and you wont have problems (I believe).Happy