..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: God of War 1 & 2 looks playable
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can I request here a save of GOW 2 guys?
Because I was playing and Im at the Temple of Lahkesis and Im already at the giant face statue, I already reflected the beam through its eyes and the cutscene played, after the cutscene, the screen became black and pcsx2 closed. The worst thing is, my save is far before that statue, so If I will just load it again it will take many minutes again, so I got an idea that I just download a save that is already at The Bog of Forgotten.

Thanks in Advance.
(06-22-2009, 10:38 AM)pablocoo Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-21-2009, 09:50 AM)Awais Wrote: [ -> ]Hi i suffer from the same problem i just want to know what is mpeg skip where can i get it & how is it used thanks in advance

With this building? Just load previous savegame (from memory stick, in-game) and try again. Worked for me.

To skip movie:
- when video is running, but BEFORE it freezes, press ESC
- Select "MISC" -> "Enable patches"
- Select "MISC" => "Patch Browser"
- In new window select "Skip MPEG" - you should see message "Patch found" and it should appear on the list.
- Click on it end select "enable/disable" (enabled status should be set to "Yes")
- Then run > execute to continue game.

Movie should be skipped. Just after that, you should repeat the process and: disable patches and set "Skip MPEG" patch status to "No" or you may ancounter some unexpected problems later.

(06-21-2009, 11:09 PM)tohdom Wrote: [ -> ]GoW1, first level, near the end (i think) where for the first time some BLUE FACE give me the POWERS, the screen goes white and nothing happens. The gsdx seems to be still working (fps is changing).

That's Poseidon, man Tongue

Skip MPEG. As above.
Thanks man It worked Smile
Hopefully if I have more time to look today I can find the previous beta version to run to see if that works any better.
Can anyone help me:
While playing GOW1, on Athens rooftops where smoke (or fog) is, it isnt rendered very well. See it here on the upper-left part of the picture: http://img215.imagevenue.com/img.php?ima..._250lo.jpg
It is pretty anoying because I cant see who is behind that texture so fight is really hadr on that part... Is there vay to fix this?

Also, a half of screen isn't rendered at all and it shows somekind of under-image. Like, when I'm in the Athens level, sometime I can see under my players feet and picture under it is that of an battle against Aries where arrows fly. I've noticed that when that is happening, my FPSs drop really low... How can I fix that?

I'm using:
PCSX 0.9.6
CPU - everything ON and "normal" frameskip setting
Speed hacks - 3x cycle rate, everything ON
Advanced: http://img264.imagevenue.com/img.php?ima..._470lo.jpg
GSdx: http://img167.imagevenue.com/img.php?ima...1164lo.jpg
Is it possible to finish GoW2 PAL with latest r1329?

And what patch do I need?
Ges You need a 1076m plugin. In this plugin fog works perfectly and full playable. I play gow 1 and 2 Smile
(06-26-2009, 07:28 PM)zdravkelja Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible to finish GoW2 PAL with latest r1329?

Nop, GOW I pal version hangs after the sirens fight, no fix yet for this
(06-26-2009, 10:06 PM)Sylas25 Wrote: [ -> ]Ges You need a 1076m plugin. In this plugin fog works perfectly and full playable. I play gow 1 and 2 Smile
thanks for the help!

Also, I'm confused now: I've tought that my version was the last one because I've downloaded from here: http://forums.ngemu.com/ps2-plugin-quest...-gsdx.html

Is there another therad with updated plugins???
(06-26-2009, 11:01 PM)Hi-Fi Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-26-2009, 07:28 PM)zdravkelja Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible to finish GoW2 PAL with latest r1329?

I think that's my current problem, my version is PAL. And after I reflected the beam on the big statue's eyes, a short movie played, but after the short movie, the screen became black. That's why I need a save where Im already at the bog of forgotten.
(06-26-2009, 11:01 PM)Hi-Fi Wrote: [ -> ]

This isn't a universal problem.

GOW 1 worked for me with unmodified GSDX (I lived with the fog) and missing the end scene. A quick youtube fills in the 3 minutes of cutscene I missed.

GOW 2 PAL worked damn near perfect, no real graphical glitches to speak of. Had an issue with a FMV freeze late in the game, but passed it using the 'skip MPEG' patch. PCSX2 r1053, GSDX 1161, DX10 hardware.

It can be done, but as some people clearly have problems so it's not a sure thing.