..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: God of War 1 & 2 looks playable
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can u teach me echosierra, I have no any idea about that Skip MPEG patch and etc. So, can u teach me please.
(06-27-2009, 07:22 AM)suntok123 Wrote: [ -> ]Can u teach me echosierra, I have no any idea about that Skip MPEG patch and etc. So, can u teach me please.

The trick is to use the Search button at the top of the forum page. This has been covered many times.

The basic idea is to load the game, go to the Patch Browser before the movie starts (Misc -> Patch Browser), and hit the big shiny button labeled 'Skip MPEG'. Make sure to enable it before closing the menu and resuming the game.

In theory, this forces the emulator to skip over most FMV's by using built-in patches for common games. If it says it can't find the patch I have no idea how to help and you're SOL.

Using the skip patch always caused wacky side-effects for me, it's an extremely good idea to remove the patch as soon as possible and load from an actual save point (ie save and quit the emulator, reload) to make sure it won't screw up future FMV's.
echosierra, I used the Skip MPEG at the big face statue with a beam on his eyes, I used it there then there's no cutscene happened, but there's a problem. The barrier at the opening gate is still there, so I cant pass.
Hence the note about 'wacky side-effects'. I never had a problem at that spot, so I can't really help you much.

Could always try the latest beta and whatnot.
Aw, maybe because my GOW 2 is PAL. Im sure someone had this problem before, so please somebody help me.
I just came to the part where you see Ares fighting tons of people on the ground (kind of in the mountains). There have been a lot of graphical glitches in that area. Anybody else have that issue?
I have GoW2 in pal, and i have many breakes cut-scenes. After phoenix ride, after first translator.
(06-27-2009, 05:53 PM)mystic54 Wrote: [ -> ]I just came to the part where you see Ares fighting tons of people on the ground (kind of in the mountains). There have been a lot of graphical glitches in that area. Anybody else have that issue?

As long as you have a powerful cpu turn the gsdx to software mode with 4~5 threads and you will see the defrince before and after thir bye x2
(06-27-2009, 07:43 PM)yeyoo Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-27-2009, 05:53 PM)mystic54 Wrote: [ -> ]I just came to the part where you see Ares fighting tons of people on the ground (kind of in the mountains). There have been a lot of graphical glitches in that area. Anybody else have that issue?

As long as you have a powerful cpu turn the gsdx to software mode with 4~5 threads and you will see the defrince before and after thir bye x2

But isn't software mode a lot worse on the fps?
Please somebody help me.