..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: God of War 1 & 2 looks playable
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does progressive scan affects graphics or speed in god of war I or god of war II ?
Sorry for my bad english.
(12-10-2009, 02:45 PM)tohdom Wrote: [ -> ]diegochiha
did you beat the PAL version of God of War 1?
what version of pcdx2 did you use? did you change any advanced settings? like clamp modes, round modes in CPU page?

if you visit my report one more time you notice i found many people with the same exact problem. And i wonder if PAL version is even playable(to the end). By the way it's compatibility set to ingame, instead of playable.

dunno which it was (pal or ntsc),beacuse my version is the spanish one.
?
am i missing something?
as far as i know, if you had 50 fps limit you had PAL version, if 60 fps - NTSC version.
So, I've got the latest build, 0.9.6 rv1888

I have a;

Q6600 @ 2.4Ghz but overclocked to 3.2Ghz, 4GB RAM, 4870 512MB

I'm running GSdx 1873 SSSE3, with

Res at 1024x768
D3D10 (hardware)
Native Resolution

and ALL speed hacks selctected. It's 60FPS duing the videos and cutscenes, but the minute I get into the gameplay, it drops to like 24fps.

I've seen someone, with a worse PC than me, and yet they are able to play at full speed.

I know it can be done, but something I'm doing wrong..

If it's because it's rv1888, could someone upload the older version?
you forgot to mention the game
God Of War 2, Sorry.
:hello:

Here's a little christmas present for you all :

*removed*

tout les problèmes ont été résolue

Now you can finish a game gow 1 & 2

enjoyBiggrin

---- No warez OR advertising here, next time you get banned ----
(11-14-2009, 01:35 PM)puttey Wrote: [ -> ]hi i finally got my GOW2 to run pretty smoth on my computer 60-100% nice grafic speed etc Biggrin, many hours of reading and trixsing with pcsx 2.9.6,
now i got only one small or two problems with the game, first is i can not save my game it freez(waited for 30min+, was shoppingLaugh) so i use sstates to play,
but i f**ked it up and over saved or whats it called after you smash the boss with the door, when you are using your key in the second room that is locked Wacko well my point is the game is still running and i cant move him after i use the key in that room, well i tried to use the same fix i did in FFX when there is no actions, but no luck.
o well i can tell on more issue i run on is when you upgrade weapons to lv 3 i think they disappear(know some others have run in to it too, but no good answers have been said about it.

my pcsx specc is on 2.9.6

Gsdx 2019(MSVC 15.00, SSE2) 0.1.15- DX10 grayed out texture D3D 1200/1000
LilyPad svn (r1853) 0.10.0- for my lovely logitech padRolleyes
Linuz is CDVD 0.9.0
SPU2-X 1.3.0- default (got great sound in GOW2 not, dident in 1.2.0 so great workLaugh)

Speed hacks only- x2 cycle
advanced -default

PC Specc
AMD 64 x2 6000+ clocked 3.2 ghz
window 7 x86
drr3 800mhz
HD4780 800mhz GPU 1010 Mhz memory (clocked to max)

sorry for this long post!
thanks for helpLaugh

i m having the exact same issue..after killing theusus wid door..when i use the key for the 3rd time in the room ..he just stands there..i cannot move..game is still running
smbdy help..NOTHING WORKS..PLEASE SMDY PROVIDE A SAVESTATE OR SAVEGAME FOR THIS SO THAT I CAN CONTINUE
I finished Gow1 earlier so now im into Gow2 it runs very smooth exept i have some problems with the FMV's. Im on the "Steeds of Time" right now and i had to skip about two fmv's until now. But now i'm at that place where you kill Theseus (head->door Laugh ) then you get that horse key thingy and then you can unlock the door where you first entered the steeds of time.

Inside there is a place where you can use the key on some emblem thing and a cutscene should trigger after which you get Cronos Rage.
The thing is that cutscene just wont trigger, after i press R1 Kratos just stands there and i cant move Blink

any suggestions? Patches?

in essence there is no fmv to skip because it doesnt start in the first place.

-Things that i tried: different gsdx versions (r1873, r2085, r2348)
-Using native resolution
-Disabling all speed hacks
-gamefix_skipdraw=0-4
-Idea came up that my iso is somehow broken ->made a new one ->changed nothing^^

no change till now, the fmv wont start.