..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: God of War 1 & 2 looks playable
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(12-18-2009, 12:08 AM)Clouds Wrote: [ -> ]I finished Gow1 earlier so now im into Gow2 it runs very smooth exept i have some problems with the FMV's. Im on the "Steeds of Time" right now and i had to skip about two fmv's until now. But now i'm at that place where you kill Theseus (head->door Laugh ) then you get that horse key thingy and then you can unlock the door where you first entered the steeds of time.

Inside there is a place where you can use the key on some emblem thing and a cutscene should trigger after which you get Cronos Rage.
The thing is that cutscene just wont trigger, after i press R1 Kratos just stands there and i cant move Blink

any suggestions? Patches?

in essence there is no fmv to skip because it doesnt start in the first place.

-Things that i tried: different gsdx versions (r1873, r2085, r2348)
-Using native resolution
-Disabling all speed hacks
-gamefix_skipdraw=0-4
-Idea came up that my iso is somehow broken ->made a new one ->changed nothing^^

no change till now, the fmv wont start.

got exaCTLY the same problem Sad any idea ?
(12-18-2009, 05:51 AM)chituan Wrote: [ -> ]got exaCTLY the same problem Sad any idea ?

Strange things happen but today i tried again, (skipdraw=0 fogging is minimal with the newest gsdx2350 and looks nice with hdr type effect, no idea if it had any effect on the not working cutscene).

I made a savestate inside the room where the fmv with cronos rage should take place, and i always loaded from there. But i wanted to have a look at the game and so i loaded a savegame before the Theseus fight and played through that again, as i said just to look if i want to play with skipdraw=0, and oh wonder as i came to the place where i was stuck before, it worked. The fmv played just fine i didnt even have to skip it.

I dont think it has anything to do with skipdraw as i tried that before and it didnt work, so maybe its a savestate thing?

Or maybe my pc thought today was a nice day to play that fmv.. and yesterday was just not his day^^

btw with gsdx2350 gamefix_skipdraw=2 is enough to get rid of the fog completely at least for me (i thought it was 4).
ok i am now almost definately sure that the non-triggering FMV cutscene is related to using savestates (F1). The same thing as i described in the earlier post happened to me again later in the game where you have to tip over some pillar building in the swamp area. I used some F1-savestates just before so i tried again, and everytime ->no fmv -> game stuck.

So i did what worked last time and it worked again! Loading last real ingame savegame from memcard and bam cutscene works.

so it wasnt my pc having a bad time after all? I was almost sure that was it!
people,dont use savestates,save trough the game and using the own game save !!!,using savestates by my own experience is known to cause bugs,and even fmv hangs !
just finished gow2 Smile (ntsc)

great great game^^ and fully playable on pcsx2! One questions, is it impossible to emulate the shadows of kratos or would it just be a too big slowdown?
(12-22-2009, 03:54 AM)Clouds Wrote: [ -> ]just finished gow2 Smile (ntsc)

great great game^^ and fully playable on pcsx2! One questions, is it impossible to emulate the shadows of kratos or would it just be a too big slowdown?

wow,never looked at that detail,kratos has a shadow effect??.Anyway some shadows are buggy,other not,that is really game-dependant
Happy
wow, never thought that my topic about Gow will became so huge Smile
i think i completed both games 10 or more times since then))
(12-22-2009, 10:25 PM)ZEROx Wrote: [ -> ]wow, never thought that my topic about Gow will became so huge Smile
i think i completed both games 10 or more times since then))

yeah indeed your thread becomes the mother of all the god of war support threads,anyway im glad to help here Tongue
now m stuck rite before the perseus battle..after opening the big door..the cutscene doesnt begin..but the game keeps workin as i can go into upgrade menu and stuff...i hav the skip video patch and the other one 2F123FD8.pnach..please help or give me a savstate rite after the cutscene....
@ yash1984

I have the same problem as you and its savestate related DONT USE SAVESTATESSSSSS !!!!,USE IN-GAME SAVE POINTS.