..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: God of War 1 & 2 looks playable
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
That should be the layer change crash. It has been fixed for quite some time in the SVN of PCSX2.
unfortunately, there is FMV to skip sometime before this crash. if you know how to do it in current svn, let me know.

to be clear: memsave -> fighting -> fmv -> fighting -> freeze.
to bad savestate from 1888 cant be used in 25xx, or can they?
Hi Folks,

I have a problem with God of War 2.

After the second translator translated the words from the book, the screen goes black and I see nothing anymore. But the sound is still there. The game don't break or freeze - only black screen with normaly sound to moves. Any ideas? I tried to change the graphics settings already but unfortunately no success.

[Image: uh6io2jm.png]
r2524: "LinuzCDVDiso: Added the dual layer detection fix already present in the internal
iso loader (fixes running some DVD9 games from iso, like God of War 1 and Rogue
Galaxy)"

yes! if i am not mistaken, i could take this plugin and use it in 1888?
(01-26-2010, 06:56 PM)tohdom Wrote: [ -> ]r2524: "LinuzCDVDiso: Added the dual layer detection fix already present in the internal
iso loader (fixes running some DVD9 games from iso, like God of War 1 and Rogue
Galaxy)"

yes! if i am not mistaken, i could take this plugin and use it in 1888?

ups,great news there,somewhat i miss that change Tongue,gonna try god of war then,beacuse in later revs i always got a black scren after getting that power earthquake Glare,after the video ends
using "CDVDiso.dll" from 2525 in 1888 did not helped Sad (PAL DVD9)
But i am still not sure if it is the point in game where the second layer is needed. Does anyone know?

i am also not sure if the new build of LinuzCDVDiso was in that archive of pcsx2 2525.
Where can i find compilled LinuzCDVDiso or check its version?
The dual layer fix does NOT fix any freezes after/before videos, that's a different issue altogether. The fix has been in the internal ISO loader for quite some time so if you were using that, you already had that fix. The PAL version of God of War is known to have way more issues with videos than the NTSC one so it is possible you're stuck with these soft crashes.
i had an idea. looked at video walk through (first seconds): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHtjKDfaTkE
so, if it is not the place where dvd changes layers, than you right, it is fmv problem. unfortunately, FMV does not start at all so no skip patch can be applied Sad
The layer change is after that cutscene, right after the first save point you see in that video, when you try to cross the bridge
Hello first of all thank to you for the help that offer at any time, I'm playing GOW II and just when I go to finish off Zeus (at the Quick Event) it happens this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Me85nLv7zk

Do you know how could fix this? Thanks in advance Smile