..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: What are the highest possible graphic settings?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have a
Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.40GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 with a 1920 x 1080 Monitor
and 16 Gigs of RAM, will I be able to run the highest graphical settings? And if yes what are the highest settings to put? (They're all so confusing)
depends on the game, But i'm guessing you'll get 6x scaling on some of the older games (FFX for example) and maybe 4x on some of the GPU intensive games. i haven't tried since buying my 660 ti, but my 560 ti could do at least 3x scaling.
I understand that but exactly what are the highest settings? How does scaling work?
It multiplies the displayed resolution of the game, for example Final Fantasy X is 512x512, with 6x scaling PCSX2 renders it at 3072x3072 then downscales it to whatever resolution you choose to run it at, causing a crisper, sharper image. Similar to Super Sampling for computer games.
Now like i said, Scaling is dependent on the game you're playing. The thing about PCSX2 is that one size doesn't fit all, but it fits most. Zone of Enders is very GPU heavy. So you can't run it at as high of scaling as you could say FFX
Scaling just multiplies the game native resolution and from the GSdx config window,it look like that the maximum you can set for custom resolution is 8192x8192(which is a lot more than 6x native on any game)
AH alright what should the setting for say Shadow of the Colossus be?
Just try from lower to higher scaling modes.
You don't need to use the maximum possible(at some point there will be almost no difference in the quality but the CPU\GPU usage will be much higher)

To me some games look good enough even on native,other at 2x are more than enough
Wiki says someone got 3x scaling with a 9800gt so i would guess you can take 6 as a 680 is a lot more powerful then a 9600gt

Best thing i can say is set it to 6 and fire it up, if it's slow. turn it down to 5.

Make sure you Overclock your CPU if you are comfortable in doing so. SotC is very CPU demanding. So that will most likely be your bottleneck over anything
Don't forget MSAA and FXAA.
Upscalling is not really increasing texture resolution. As everything else it has an optimal point regarding the visual enhancement vs perform hit plus chances of something going wrong.

Still I can understand the will of pushing our hardware to their limits, myself do it sometimes Smile

PS: O, the frustration of getting a Ferrari and having to drive at 80MPH... outraging Smile
Pages: 1 2