..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Decent System keeps freezing????
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am running a zambezi 3.6 ghz processor, extra cooler, not stock, ASUS HD7770-DC-1GD5-V2 Radeon HD video card, win 7 ultimate, 8gb dual channel ram, had ssd but died, using regular sata, most of my games will load an play for a short time then my system freezes and took off the speed hack via youtube choice??? Before had some games running good with older version, with some speed hacks but this overheated system before upgraded heat sink, now installed newest version of pcsx2 and having this problem, still a newbie at this but I have waited 3 years and only 2 of which did I have a good enough system, I am patient tho, just thought someone might have some pointers. Thanks in advance.
When you say the system is freezing, do you mean the emu stops playing the game or everything just hangs, mouse and everything?
reinstall all your software driver from your hardware disk not from window 7 disk!!!

if still cannot go computer repair shop
those drivers are likely to be old, it would be much more fruitful getting the drivers from the internet, direct from the AMD site (and whatever over manufacturers are involved) Don't get the drivers from asus or asrock or whoever made the motherboard/vga adapter
Most of the time the whole system freezes, Pc everything and only a few times does the emulator just freeze I am at a loss Like I said I am a newbie for gaming but I am a diehard retro gamer I love my older games and play them all the time I am only 32 but cant get enough of my older games from my youth I play all my old nes and and up emulators this one is very elusive for me. My children keep scratching all the games, for ps2 with no remorse I cant afford to keep buying old games and I dont think I want to upgrade yet to a newer system I just dont know the games I want to keep playing my old ones, so I am open to any or your thoughts on as to why my system keeps doing this. I am very greatful for any of your thoughts folks thank you

I thank you guys for the driver info will try this first. someone told me maybe power problem do you guys agree?
(12-28-2012, 08:23 AM)shamoman Wrote: [ -> ]Most of the time the whole system freezes, Pc everything and only a few times does the emulator just freeze I am at a loss Like I said I am a newbie for gaming but I am a diehard retro gamer I love my older games and play them all the time I am only 32 but cant get enough of my older games from my youth I play all my old nes and and up emulators this one is very elusive for me. My children keep scratching all the games, for ps2 with no remorse I cant afford to keep buying old games and I dont think I want to upgrade yet to a newer system I just dont know the games I want to keep playing my old ones, so I am open to any or your thoughts on as to why my system keeps doing this. I am very greatful for any of your thoughts folks thank you

I thank you guys for the driver info will try this first. someone told me maybe power problem do you guys agree?

Windows 7 is much more robust than previous versions and makes harder to applications to be able to freeze it completely. When this happens is most probably due to hardware or driver issues, as already pointed.

Overheating is a possibility but not the only. As matter of fact, just having PCSX2 started is among the lightest things you run in your system (I mean, PCSX2 itself does not takes much resources by itself) till you start a game, then it becomes one the most hunger application you can run in you machine and how much hungry depends on the game being played, the same way PC games have proper demands also.

Is hard to try and find why your system is hanging without knowing the game is causing it. If it is with every game so you have a general issue sparkled by demanding applications and need to deal with it at machine level.

You can try to find what may be wrong, windows keep a system log that might be useful to identify whatever really caused the problems and sometimes show possible issues you are not aware.

To access that log you go to "Control Panel" -> "Administrative tools" -> "Event Viewer" and from there navigate the explorer like window toward "Windows Logs" and finally "System".

You may want to filter the log so it shows only Errors and Critical.

You'll need administrator privileges to be able to read this log.

If you see Messages flagged as error or critical, you can take note of their ID and search the internet for solutions or bring it here so we can try orienting how to proceed.
I have replaced the power supply, and the drivers works a little better but I think I am using some games that just are not compatible I am a huge tony hawk fan and for some reason the game THPS3 is working but some glitching, I am not sure how to configure some of the speed hacks for this type of game, otherwise thank you all for your emails and replies I am now seeing no system freezing just program shutting down from time to time.