..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: "Cheats loaded" but don't work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm running PCSX2 1.0.0 with an NTSC-U Shadow Hearts: Covenant iso. I'm attempting to use a cheat, but it is not working. I have the .pnach file in the Cheats folder, and when I load the iso it shows "Cheats loaded: 1" so I figured it would work, but when I get in game, there is no effect. Is this a known problem with 1.0.0 or am I doing something wrong?
Or the codes are not for your version of the game.
Or the codes are just wrong and they don't work.
can you show us your cheats?
Sure, here's the .pnach

I found an Action Replay MAX code for the US version of the game, used OmniConvert to get the raw code, then used PCSX2CE to output the .pnach file. The confusing part is that the console shows that it's a valid code, it just doesn't do anything. This one in particular I was just using to test it, and it's supposed to give me "Infinite Thera Leaves," a basic healing item.
Are you sure this is the only code.
From the codebreaker site after converting the codes to raw for Infinite Thera Leaves,it gives me two addresses
The first one is
00100BEC 00000063
and the second is your code
00100DEC 00000063

You need both
(12-27-2012, 09:15 PM)vsub Wrote: [ -> ]Are you sure this is the only code.
From the codebreaker site after converting the codes to raw for Infinite Thera Leaves,it gives me two addresses
The first one is
00100BEC 00000063
and the second is your code
00100DEC 00000063

You need both

Ah thank you! When I used the ARMax codes it kept giving me only the second one, so I tried the codebreaker one and it gave me the same thing you got. Thanks for the help!
Hey was wondering if you can help me, am having the same problem as you my cheats were loaded but does not work have converted them from ARMax to raw but apparently it does not work have tried all the ways that I have searched online. This is how my pnach file looks like.

gametitle=Kingdom Hearts (NTSC-U) [SLUS-20370]
comment=Cheat codes
// Infinite HP
patch=0,EE,D223C601,extended,1CDE2FEA

Is there something wrong with it? Or can anyone of you help me create a pnach file for my kingdom hearts? Please help T_T
(03-05-2013, 07:40 AM)DjNeal Wrote: [ -> ]Hey was wondering if you can help me, am having the same problem as you my cheats were loaded but does not work have converted them from ARMax to raw but apparently it does not work have tried all the ways that I have searched online. This is how my pnach file looks like.

gametitle=Kingdom Hearts (NTSC-U) [SLUS-20370]
comment=Cheat codes
// Infinite HP
patch=0,EE,D223C601,extended,1CDE2FEA

Is there something wrong with it? Or can anyone of you help me create a pnach file for my kingdom hearts? Please help T_T

The one I use is this:

//Sora Infinite HP
patch=1,EE,20524094,word,000003E7

I haven't found a working Infinite HP for Donald, Goofy, or the other characters, but as long as Sora doesn't die, all's well anyway.
THANKS ALOT IT FINALLY WORKS!!!

But I don't get it why does your code works and mine does not?