..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Ace Combat 5 becomes too laggy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My spec is :
Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 2.20GHz
3GB RAM
Nvidia GeForce 9500GT DDR2 1GB

i use pcsx2 1.0.0 with some default setting, on my gs GSdx 5403 (with D3D internal resolution 1020x1020), the game boot and starts with no lag (59-60fps) up until choosing the menu (campaign,options,etc.)and the cutscenes begins(fps still 60).
When playing campaign, the moment it enters briefing my fps starts dropping(my fps about 45-55fps). When i start the mission (start flying planes) it becomes 7-15fps. What's the problem?? is it my VGA or my Processor? or is there a problem with my setting(i use default though)?
I also try change the D3D internal resolution into 400x400 and it's still lagging when i start the mission (about 25-40fps).

I just tried these settings in ace combat zero, it's the same. Laggy in the same place
I try disabling video and it run smoothly, so does that mean my VGA is not good enough?
Please helpp me guys Sad
Unfortunately, both your cpu & gpu are weak for pcsx2.
If you overclock, it'll help a bit though.

Oh, and btw, Ac5 is unplayable under pcsx2.(collision bug)
Dunno about ac0, though...
Ahh no wonder the lag is unbearable Sad
thanks for the reply
ac5 and ac0 both have the collision bug. Is there no solution for these bug?
nope
(01-09-2013, 11:47 AM)refraction Wrote: [ -> ]nope

This seems to be a really interesting bug, is there still no clue or guess/hint at what causes this behavior at all?
the devs have been aware of this bug for quite a long time, now...
so I guess if they didn't fix it, it's because it's quite hard... Wink
I don't know if the fix is hard or not. To come up with a solution we have to know the cause, which is what we don't know xD
is there still no news about the ac0 and ac5 collision bug solution?