..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: [SOLVED] Kingdom Hearts Final Mix/Re:Chain of Memories Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Problem:
CPU: Intel® Pentium® CPU G645 @ 2.90GHz
GPU: Intel® HD Graphics
RAM: 6 GB

PCSX2 V.1.00 using default settings.
Games: Kingdom Hearts Final Mix / Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories
(Thanks refraction--I should read more.)

I am experiencing hanging in Monstro; the cutscene will not progress when Pinocchio looks into Monstro's throat, and footsteps are heard.

I am also experiencing a similar occurence in Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories. During the tutorial "battle" when it asks me to move and rotate the camera etc., the game simply won't continue beyond that point.

I am unsure if this problem will persist even if I have savegames or savestates or otherwise, so if anyone can provide me with an inkling of how to fix the game hanging I would be very grateful. (I plan on playing Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix as well, and I don't want to have these sorts of issues with it, though I am doubtful there will be.) I just wanna play these games after a long, stressful day, y'know?

Solution:
(01-12-2013, 09:01 PM)Bositman Wrote: [ -> ]Load from a memory card (not a saved state), set clamping of EE and VU to full and extra+preserve sign and maybe try changing roundmode to nearest too
In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
Emulog during the freeze? Also if you are using pnach cheats, disable them, as they can cause various side effects such as freezing cutscenes.
There is no freeze, the game hangs, DaTankAC. The emulog reports nothing other than what is expected, and I am using no cheats. The game simply hangs. I've considered the fault of the ISO, but the disc was in mint condition.
Load from a memory card (not a saved state), set clamping of EE and VU to full and extra+preserve sign and maybe try changing roundmode to nearest too
Alright Bositman, thanks for the suggestion. I'll get right on it and return with results.

EDIT: Worked wonders! Thanks a billion, Bositman. If only I knew it were so simple.
Happy you got it working, enjoy Wink
Awesome dude! this helped me with my KH1 game too! woot! Biggrin Cool ur the coolest Bositman!
The most recent post in this thread is more than 8 months old. Please create a new thread and refrain from posting in threads older than 8 months in the future. Please also review the forum rules. Thank you.