..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Having slowdown issues with a good computer?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone,
New to pcsx2 and so far I am really impressed with the emulations. I only wish Project64 was this perfect.

I am having small issues on certain games with music slowing down and game slowing a bit. Namely GTA:VC, God of War 2, and Shadow/Colossus. The games are completely playable, it just sounds like the music is on qualudes and the fps drops

My system is a dell 630i
Intel Core 2 Duo over clocked at 4ghz
Two Nvidia GeForce 9800GT cards
4gB Ram
Pcsxe2 ver. 1.0 with most recent SVN

So far the only emu I couldn't run is Dolphin. Are there plugins or settings I can use with this computer setup and pcsx2 to make the games run close to perfect? Thank you so much for your reply.
you'll need to use some speedhacks, and think about not pushing gsdx internal res above 2x.

SOTC will benefit greatly from vu cycle stealing speedhack, Gow 2 should run quite well with the recommended ones + ee cycle rate set to 1 or 2, but GTA : VC will get slowdowns since your PC won't get any benefit from MTVU hack, since you only have 2 cores...
That worked out wonderfully. GOW and Vice City are perfect, as well as SOTC. Thanks for the tip!
Biggrin