..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PCSX2Bonus - A PCSX2 launcher / frontend
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Bug?

I have a formatted 8MB card named Bully.ps2. I attached it with PCSX2 Bonus fronted to Bully.iso. The game loads fine but the card isn't mounted!

PCSX2 - 5775
Hi,
I have a quick problem and fix for you and PCSX2 Bonus "Add from directory".

When it is traversing the directories, it doesn't handle the return code properly. If it gets "access denied", it just goes to the caller's generic try-catch code that does nothing. When a directory is unreadable (system, protected, limited access), can you catch (check for failure/errors) and go on? Thanks. I really like the tool, but I can't click on the drive letter to have it automatically search all folders on the drive.
Let me add that I just tried V2 in this forum and I see the same problem. I would be happy with just V1 working though. Light gray on dark gray is harder to see.
Btw, if you are not already doing this, you can decrease the search time by first checking for a reasonable file size (>100MB or higher maybe), then check that the filename length is > 3, then check for extension and finally try to read the file. There are some other things I could add, but they are not as quick of changes.
I think i figured out why PCSX2 Bonus doesn't mount my cards:

In my original configuration i have no mem cards mounted. When i create a new config with PCSX2 Bonus the resulting PCSX2_ui.ini reads like this:

[MemoryCards]
Slot1_Enable=disabled
Slot1_Filename=ATV OFF ROAD FURY 4.ps2
Slot2_Enable=disabled
Slot2_Filename=

So PCSX2 Bonus mounts the correct mem card but it doesn't enable it!
(12-16-2013, 04:51 PM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, thanks for the fixes. However, I still can't get Dirge of Cerberus - Final Fantasy VII International [Ultimate Hits][JP] to show. Same with The King of Fighters 2002 - Unlimited Match [JP] and the special version. Is it because of the filenames being long? If so, can you extend the file name limit?

If a game isn't being added its most likely because it is not in the gameindex.dbf file, there are no file name limits.

shinra358 Wrote:+Can we get horizontal movement and scrollbar in TV Mode/Tile View and also a theme editor for TV Mode?

I added the ability to use the vertical scrollbar by right clicking to show / hide it.

shinra358 Wrote:+Can we get when highlighting an object, a big picture of the game will show (like PSP and LaunchBox) and the ability to use gifs and sounds for each game highlight.

+Lastly, when maximizing in stacked mode, the columns shift to the left side of the screen. When maximizing, can you make the columns spread evenly throughout the whole maximized window?

If I can think of a good way to add them in and have enough time, I'll try.

shinra358 Wrote:Bugs (2.0):
-Gamepad doesn't scroll TV Mode properly when mouse cursor is disabled (AutoHideMouseCursor program).
-Gamepad doesn't work for stacked or tile view.

Not sure why the first issue is happening but I'll look into it. The second one isn't a bug, it was never meant to capture input outside of tv mode Tongue2

(12-28-2013, 04:18 PM)GeoMan Wrote: [ -> ]A nice feature would be to auto-create (if it doesn't exist) and auto-mount a mem card based on the name of the game.

If for example you had burned your Tony Hawks 3 disk to Tony Hawks 3.iso the program could create (if needed) and auto-mount the Tony Hawks 3.ps2 mem card

This sounds like it could be a potentially useful feature, I'll look into adding it (although it would definitely have to have a settings option to be enabled / disabled Tongue2) Thanks!

(12-29-2013, 04:57 AM)ldmtwo Wrote: [ -> ]Btw, if you are not already doing this, you can decrease the search time by first checking for a reasonable file size (>100MB or higher maybe), then check that the filename length is > 3, then check for extension and finally try to read the file. There are some other things I could add, but they are not as quick of changes.

Uh...I guess I'll say thanks for the suggestion but there are already ways to decrease the search time written in. Directory.GetFiles and Directory.EnumerateFiles has no way to continue after hitting a protected directory, in order to do that I would have to write a method that uses recursion or a stack (which I don't have time to do at the moment.)

(12-29-2013, 07:08 PM)GeoMan Wrote: [ -> ]I think i figured out why PCSX2 Bonus doesn't mount my cards:

In my original configuration i have no mem cards mounted. When i create a new config with PCSX2 Bonus the resulting PCSX2_ui.ini reads like this:

[MemoryCards]
Slot1_Enable=disabled
Slot1_Filename=ATV OFF ROAD FURY 4.ps2
Slot2_Enable=disabled
Slot2_Filename=

So PCSX2 Bonus mounts the correct mem card but it doesn't enable it!

Thanks for letting me know, fixed in the newest version!
"I added the ability to use the vertical scrollbar by right clicking to show / hide it."

Was looking for Horizontal scrollbar option.

"If a game isn't being added its most likely because it is not in the gameindex.dbf file, there are no file name limits."

So how can I get those games to show in the program?
(12-29-2013, 11:26 PM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]"I added the ability to use the vertical scrollbar by right clicking to show / hide it."

Was looking for Horizontal scrollbar option.

"If a game isn't being added its most likely because it is not in the gameindex.dbf file, there are no file name limits."

So how can I get those games to show in the program?

The tv mode content is displayed vertically o.O I'm confused as to why you would need a horizontal scrollbar for that particular view(maybe post a pic to let me see what you mean? Tongue2)

You can add games to the gameindex.dbf file manually by using a text editor, just follow the format thats already there. After doing that just re-add them with the program and they'll show up no problem.
Horizontal looks better to me. We already have a list mode that goes vertical and another that goes vertical. But for TV mode, I would have liked to go vertical like windows 8 does. Or like windows xp when you are on a lower resolution and you can pan to the left to see your icons. I've always thought that was cool but everyone always makes frontends to go vertical. Steam has a view that goes horizontal. Other things that go horizontal are xperia play and razor game launcher. With that horizontal scrollbar, I was also looking for horizontal scrolling of course.

Okay. Thank you for that info.
Thanks for the quick update! A nice option would be to save the position and dimension of the PCSX2 Bonus window when exiting the program.