..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PCSX2Bonus - A PCSX2 launcher / frontend
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Glad to see you back in action Dexbonus! Question though, which e-mail is tied to your PCSX2 account? Because I sent you an e-mail about PCSX2Bonus on the 12th but I never got a reply. The e-mail I used was miketanner3128 [at] gmail [dawt] com.

Few things: Do you think you'll be able to add in support for compressed images? (.gz files) and do you think you could make the source open this time around so people can keep improving on it? I suggest putting it up on GitHub. Also that way, you'll never lose the source again. Laugh
(02-21-2015, 12:38 PM)karasuhebi Wrote: [ -> ]Glad to see you back in action Dexbonus! Question though, which e-mail is tied to your PCSX2 account? Because I sent you an e-mail about PCSX2Bonus on the 12th but I never got a reply. The e-mail I used was miketanner3128 [at] gmail [dawt] com.

I just used the link in his profile XD
(02-21-2015, 12:38 PM)karasuhebi Wrote: [ -> ]Glad to see you back in action Dexbonus! Question though, which e-mail is tied to your PCSX2 account? Because I sent you an e-mail about PCSX2Bonus on the 12th but I never got a reply. The e-mail I used was miketanner3128 [at] gmail [dawt] com.

Few things: Do you think you'll be able to add in support for compressed images? (.gz files) and do you think you could make the source open this time around so people can keep improving on it? I suggest putting it up on GitHub. Also that way, you'll never lose the source again. Laugh

That is indeed the correct email. It most likely just got placed in the incorrect folder and I ended up missing it...sorry about that Tongue2

I'd like to add support for gzip files but I really don't know enough about the format to do it. The only way I could go about it at the moment would be to extract each and every game added to the library into memory and read the information from the ISO that is required to fetch information about it that way. It would be VERY inefficient and slow :/

Regarding github, I do plan to release the source along with the program once I get it finished. The only downside to this being that I really don't have the time to manage the project actively and review the merge requests and stuff, so if anyone is willing to actually actively manage the project please let me know, I'd be very grateful!
(02-22-2015, 12:38 AM)Dexbonus Wrote: [ -> ]I'd like to add support for gzip files but I really don't know enough about the format to do it. The only way I could go about it at the moment would be to extract each and every game added to the library into memory and read the information from the ISO that is required to fetch information about it that way. It would be VERY inefficient and slow :/

Regarding github, I do plan to release the source along with the program once I get it finished. The only downside to this being that I really don't have the time to manage the project actively and review the merge requests and stuff, so if anyone is willing to actually actively manage the project please let me know, I'd be very grateful!

#1 - PCSX2 supports gzip files natively now, so maybe there is some way to integrate.

#2 - I can manage it, if you like. I am familiar enough with github to do that, having some of my own projects there. ( https://github.com/Sarania )
Ahhh~~!!!! Dexbonus is back!!! I can't wait for the rewrite and your return is most pleasant indeed. It's good to have you back.
(02-20-2015, 11:58 PM)Dexbonus Wrote: [ -> ]That being said, I no longer have the source code for the program as it is now. I have no intention of leaving you guys hanging again though Tongue2

Expect a rewrite and re-release of PCSX2Bonus sometime within the week. I wish I could give a definitive date for when I'll have it finished, but seeing as how I'm just one man I can only do so much so fast Tongue2 (the TV mode is especially annoying to code due to the gamepad support)

A rewrite sounds great Laugh. People tend to improve upon their software when they rewrite them.

However, if you want the original source code for version 2, I have decompiled it.

Here's the link. It should help.
https://mega.co.nz/#!q04mnIKJ!gxOcPCWW2Y...imfR6I7hsg

Note: I haven't even looked at the decompiled code (I actually don't have VS installed on this PC.)

Note that most decompiled code needs to be modified in order to become compilable.
Almost all of the code should still be correct, though Smile
and please add some Scaling like in web browsers like Firefox (CTRL/+/-) or (CTRL+Mouse Wheel UP/down)
Hello!

SoulCalibur II & III fail to detect properly, probably because it searches for Soul Calibur instead of SoulCalibur... Smile

Instead they both show in the library as Soul Reaver 2.
One more thing that would be nice is if we could rename the ISO for the cases where we have several discs for one game, like many RPGs... Smile
The ideal would be allowing us to change the title that the frontend would be searching, that way we could fix our own problems when the occur!
I had solved one problem with recognition of the shadow hearts 2 director cut, when i try to add the 2 discs , the psx2 bonus only add 1. I solves this going on C:\Users\carlos\Desktop\PCSX2Bonus_v2\PCSX2Bonus and edited the serial of the game for another number on the mygames.xml .