..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PCSX2Bonus - A PCSX2 launcher / frontend
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'll take that as a no. Oh well, I should get cracking making a new one then... T_T

I saw some guy posted a RE source code. Perhaps that could shave off a few hours.

EDIT: That source does not compile. All the names of methods, properties and fields is all an illegal character. LOL
Good luck man, here's to hope you get your app up and running. I can tell you right now that if you support compressed ISO files, I'll be your biggest advocate. Laugh
I created a profile for the sole purpose of telling the author/s of this program that I love them. It's the coolest thing.
Ok i should really make my own thread for further discussion. Anyways. I doubt the CISO is my department. The closest thing i could get is decompression onload. But that's gonna mean ***** long loading times. Without prior knowledge of how exactly pcsx2 is reading the ISO, a logical assumption is that it does NOT load the entire ISO into the memory, (As opposed to SNES emulators). Considering that the size of the images are usually several GB, it is not efficient. So i think pcsx2 is loading the from the ISO when the ps2 OS is actually requesting a read. Probably with a bunch of caching to speed up redundant reads.

Afaik: Compression nothing but whitespace/nop trimming and dictionary lookups for redundant data. That alone should be possible to index with almost no performance cost.

Anyways, i'm gonna open a new thread for the resurrection of this project.

Edit: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2Bonu...#pid502377
Hi everyone. I'm really sorry to bring this up, but I'm attempting to use PCSX2 via Steamlink, and I thought PCSX2Bonus would be absolutely perfect...... however I'm running into an issue that a few other people seem to have had, in that I can't get past the setup! It keeps asking for a data directory, I've tried everything including the one PCSX2 makes in the documents folder, and nothing is working. I've skimmed through all 50 pages of this thread in the hope of finding a solution, to no avail. Was there ever a fix for this?
Copy and paste the path to the PCSX2 directory you selected in the first box to the second and you'll pass it just fine.
(01-28-2016, 10:50 PM)hellbringer616 Wrote: [ -> ]Copy and paste the path to the PCSX2 directory you selected in the first box to the second and you'll pass it just fine.

Awesome, worked fine. Thankyou very much :-)
Hello guys, i have a question,

How can i retreive information of the game (like description and metacritic rating) ?
after rescrape game infromation it only update the cover art and the rest still n/a.
any suggestion? thanks
The new version of PCSX2 (1.4.0) seems to have renamed the ini folder to "inis_1.4.0", while Bonus keeps looking for the old name "inis". Any way to fix this?
Tried using the Documents folder and the Install Directory as a place to store the settings.
(04-11-2016, 02:08 PM)TheJudgerr Wrote: [ -> ]The new version of PCSX2 (1.4.0) seems to have renamed the ini folder to "inis_1.4.0", while Bonus keeps looking for the old name "inis". Any way to fix this?
Tried using the Documents folder and the Install Directory as a place to store the settings.

Funnily enough, I brought this topic up in a thread, for now, you'll have to live with it, the way to remedy the situation is to make an "inis" folder and copy/paste the ini files from "inis_1.4.0" into "inis", a slight inconvenience, but nothing too bad. I think the only reason bonus uses those ini files from the "inis" folder is to have a base for configuration, since the actual configuration files for each game are in the PCSX2 bonus folder anyhow =).