..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PCSX2 help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
To start with i apologise if the thread annoys anyone.

I'm new to this and in honesty i downloaded to emulator last night to play one game.. shadow hearts Laugh.

i've searched online for config settings and tried to follow instructions but i keep getting the same problem.

When i load the game (like the ps2 menu and start videos etc) the frame right is 60fps or just below and everything runs fine however when the actual game playing starts it drops down to usually 10-12fps and its all super slow and the sound is dodgy. I'm just wondering if there is any way around this otherwise there isn't much point having it Tongue

Thanks
In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.

Thank You.
Ah i see

Hardware specs are (it's a laptop by the way which is never good)

Windows 8 (64 bit)
Intel core i5 3210ghz 2.5GHz.. it can overclock to 3.2GHz but i havent got a clue how
4 Gb ram
Intel HD graphics 4000

its version 1.0.0

I've got all the settings as they were after i resetted them
and atm im just trying to play shadow hearts... sorry i can't be more specific i really dont have a clue
Hm that intel HD will kill your speeds. Try configuring GSdx and set it to DX9 software rendering. See of that helps with the speed (although forget about nice upscaled graphics Tongue )
the GSdx thing i have 4 of.. there all 5334 theres AVX, SSE2, SSE41 and SSSE3

Thanks by the way
Select the AVX one, then configure it as said above
Works a treat Laugh, Thank you very much
No prob, enjoy the game, it's one of my favorites Smile You could also try pressing Pageup for some MSAA filtering (although I myself barely notice it Tongue)
I'll give it a try thanks Smile and mine too