..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Can't play Superman Returns! Green vertical stripes??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a brand-new top o' the line PC n' just installed everything in working order. Trying to play Superman Returns. Loads up fine, beginning videos come up fine, then I get to the start game screen n' there's green vertical stripes all the way across! I get the game started n' I hear Superman's dad's voice, his health strip at the top left, map at the bottom right, but green stripes on the screen disabling me from seeing the gameplay. What gives?? I tried software mode n' the stripes went away but then it slowed way down n' it's just blocks of graphics. Can somebody help me please?? I did a search n' found some others with the same problem but no solution! Anybody else tried Superman Returns with success??
First start to write down here what your PC Specs are, which PCSX2 version you are using.
My system has a 5.9 rating according to the Windows Experience Index:

(Dell XPS 8300)
- Intel® Core™ i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz
- 8GB RAM
- 64-bit Windows 7
- ATI Radeon HD 5670
- Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio (Logitech Z623 Speakers)

I just installed the latest version of pcsx2 available for download on this site which is 1.0.0?
That is right 1.0.0 is the last stable version, but you can get A subversion, which have some fixes in between the stable versions, now not sure if it'll fix your problem, but you can always try it out.

You can get them here: http://pcsx2.net/download/development/svn.html
Thanks! I'll give those a go.
Hi,
Can you please let us know if you do find a version of PCSX2 that is able to play this game? I have been wanting to play it since forever on the PCSX2 platform.
That's a top of the line PC?
Make your own thread, please