..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Stutter without lag on the TV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys, new to the forum here although i have been lurking for awhile now. First I'd just like to say that this project is excellent and I've been really blown away with finally being able to play my old stash of PS2 games again in this awesome quality.

However, I have an annoying problem that i hope someone can shed some light on for me. First my PC specs:

Intel Core i7 3770K @ 3.5ghz (stock)
Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe
G-Skill Ripjaws X 8gb @ 2133mhz
Nvidia GTX 650 TI
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

PCSX2 Version(s) I've been using:

1.0.0 (r5350) (was using)
1.1.0 (r5569) (now using)

Current Plugins using:

GDSX AVX 0.1.16 r5559
Lilypad SVN r5403 0.11.0
SPU2-X r5559 2.0.0
cdvdgigaherz r5403 0.8.0
USBnull driver r5484 0.7.0
FWnull r5484 0.7.0
DEV9null driver r5403 0.5.0

(I run my games through ISO)

Ok, so i have a 17" monitor and a 42" Full HD TV (LG Cinema 3D) connected up to my graphics card and i use my TV for shifting films and stuff over to watch and what not. I had hoped of having some full HD PS2 action also, but I'm having niggles here.

Firstly, yesterday i was running with motioninjoy for my PS3 pad, and when i shifted a PS2 game (Amplitude) over to the TV and started playing in 1920x1080 it was beautiful quality. Played the game and it was flawless, no stutter or frame rate drops or anything. It wasn't until i was getting annoying controller twitches that i decided to look on here for an answer.

Anyway, people don't like motioninjoy on here I've noticed (I'm not surprised) and much prefer Xinput. I followed a guide on how to uninstall MJ and install Xinput and i think that went perfect because the controller works fine with PCSX2. I had to install net framework 4.0 to do the install also.

After that i decided to slap on Amplitude on the TV and start again, BUT although the game plays fine through the menus and what not, during gameplay I'm getting stutter every now and then...It's not a frame rate drop, it's just an occasional slight stuttering when playing that's really off-putting when it happens. Bet way to decribe it would be to say it's not super smooth as it should be.

Although, If i move Amplitude back to the monitor (still in it's 1920x1080 setting) and full screen it, it plays perfect. It only does this stutter when playing on the TV for some reason. I've tried changing all the plugins around, using the prefered pokoprom Xinput plugin to see if that makes any difference, even downloading the latest SVN build of PCSX2...and nothing works. I can't understand it. Like i said it was perfect before i installed XInput and the net framework drivers, and it still is perfect on the monitor...that's the puzzle. I'm also getting an occasional slight stutter in other games during gameplay so it's not game related IMO.

Anybody got any possible suggestions on this? Thanks.